March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (RWG, Longknife, Der Ami, jcn, ksauers1, Jtplumb), 824 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#224658 04/05/11 02:11 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I placed an order for a stock and forend on a model 97 the weekend before last and have not heard a word yet. I even replied to their e-mail acknowledging and thanking me for the order asking if they had any idea about shipping dates. This was late last week and still no response. I'm not overly worried about things yet, but was wondering if anyone here has had experience with them? Most places I do business with over the internet usually provide more info and communicate order status, etc.
Thanks,
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, I recently had them make an early M-12 20 guage forend and buttstock out of my English blank, and they did a great job and could not have been nicer or more reasonable in price(1/3 the price quoted by their competitor dow the road).The lady that manages their office was always on top of the situation.I'm sure you will hear from them soon. Marcus

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Did you call, or e-mail? This order was for what I thought were "in-stock" items, so I'm a lttle surprised that I haven't heard or seen something by now. If that's not the case, and they have to make what I ordered first, all I'm looking for is a ballpark as to when to start looking for the stuff. Right now, for all I know the order is lost in the mail.
I have to agree with you on price. Very good looking wood, even the "lower grade" stuff.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I sent them an e-mail about a month ago concerning a Model 21 I have my eye on. This is the one I told you about that had the buttstock chopped back about 4 inches and had a replacement piece doweled and glued, with the grain running up and down. I ended up calling Macon about a half hour after I sent the e-mail. I talked to the receptionist and she forwarded me to the person in charge, as he had just gotten the e-mail. I must have talked to him for close to twenty minutes. He was very nice and answered all of my questions.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

I also believe you would do better calling and talking to them. Marcus

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yep,
I called and we got things moving without much problem. The issue was stock levels on the appropriate forend and expected run dates for future stock. They're sending me a smooth forend instead of corncob, of slightly higher figure but at the same price, and I'll either add the grooves or checker dependant upon what seems appropriate to me after getting a look. According to Vicki, things should ship tomorrow, and she'd hand picked a nice stock for this application. She's a sweetheart.
Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.