April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wild Skies, 1 invisible), 1,009 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,126
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#220308 03/04/11 10:36 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think I know the law on this but since it's not me involved, I have a question.

AYA is coming to my Game Preserve for a private fitting and showing of some guns. This is AYA Spain, not a US distributor. I need to know if the guns can be shipped to AYA at my address or if they need to transfer though a dealer.

In the old days, I always shipped my match rifle home so I wouldn't have to deal with it flying. I was shipping it to myself so there was no transfer.

Am I right? Dick

Last edited by Dick Jones otp; 03/04/11 10:37 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can ship a gun to yourself,as an unlicensed person.The question is if AYA is not a citizen and has no FFL (manufacture) then they may well have to go through distributor.Aliens do not have that option available.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are a couple of questions to answer here. One of the questions involves bringing finished goods into the USA for commerece, either for temporary or for sale. There is a Customs entry required. There are varying types of temporary entries that may apply. I do not believe you can gain either temporary or permanent clearance of firearms into the US with out going through both agencies (Customs and ATF) and possibly more. Any movement across state boundaries after a lawful entry into the USA has some questions that need to be answered by ATF. The difficulty will be ownership and transfer. I would say if you purchase the firearm at the Game Preserve and there has been a lawful entry into the US and a lawful transfer from a lawful seller then you could ship it to your self. It is all the if's that would concern me. I am not an expert so seek competent advice!

Last edited by jjwag69; 03/04/11 03:00 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why are you involved in this at all? AYA will not get the guns in the country w/out customs and BATF approval that THEY must seek. You have nothing to do with it.
And this is the first time AYA has brought guns into the US?

good luck

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm sure AYA can handle legally getting the guns into the USA. In fact, the try gun and samples may already be here in the USA at a distributor location. My concern is with them shipping to Beaver Pond.

When I did it, it was explained that the gun belonged to me and that I was only changing it's location not transfering ownership. I once shipped a match rifle out to a customer in Washington state and then shipped it home. I quit doing that because I became worried that it wouldn't get there in time for me to shoot the match.

Dick

Last edited by Dick Jones otp; 03/04/11 04:21 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds to me like AYA should do what ever they do when taking them to shows,if it involves a distributor representative then that the way to do it.

From the ATF site;

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#shipping-firearms-additional

Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

The term "unlicensed person" is shown in several other places as "non alien".Alien s would require a "State of residence"
They may have FFL of course,if so they can ship them to themselves as well.

: May aliens legally in the United States buy firearms?

An alien legally in the U.S. may acquire firearms if he has a State of residence. An alien has a State of residence only if he is residing in that State and has resided in a State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the purchase. An alien acquiring firearms from a licensee is required to prove both his identity, by presenting a government-issued photo identification, and his residency with substantiating documentation showing that he has resided in the State continuously for the 90-day period prior to the purchase. Examples of qualifying documentation to prove residency include: utility bills, lease agreements, credit card statements, and pay stubs from the purchaser’s place of employment, if such documents include residential addresses.

See also Item 5, “Sales to Aliens in the United States,” in the General Information section of this publication.

[18 U.S.C. 921, 922(b)(3), (d) and (g), 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.99(a)]

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dick,
I'd consult with the NRA legal services.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dick, where is your place located? I would like to come when AYA is there as well.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike,

beaverpondnc.com

We're 10 miles south of Burlington NC just off Hwy 49. From Burlington turn left on Greensboro Chapel Hill Road. six tenths of a mile on the right.

The fittings are happening on April 29 and 30. The reception and showing of the guns will be on Friday the 29th. Consider yourself invited. Would you be interested in a fitting?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm pursuing a shotgun now that will require fitting if I get it. Do they bend the stock and cut to length, or just give you the dimensions? How much do the fittings cost?

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.