May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 694 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,604
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CDNN has 12 ga. CZ Bobwhite SxS's on sale for $499; which is well below the usual wholesale price of $562. Boxlock, english stock, double triggers, case color, extractors, 5 choke tubes, 28" barrels, made in Turkey. Supposedly suitable for steel shot.

Anyone own one of these? Any experience to share?
Clearly it is not of Arrietta quality, but how well do they hold up?

CZ repair shop is in Kansas City, and it comes with a 5-year warranty on all metal parts. I'm thinking about getting one....

JERRY

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been happy with my 28ga.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Jerry, the opinion on these guns (along with the Ringneck and other Turk guns) vary like the shape of snowflakes.

Go over to Shotgun World and do a search under Bobwhite, Ringneck, Dehann and see what I mean. They even have a sub forum dealing with Turk guns.

The CDNN price is a good one.

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had no problems with my 20, and it gets used hard for skeet and trap.

Boxlock
Boxlock

I've owned my .20 ga. w/28' barrels for 2 years and the trigger pulls were a little on the heavy side but now that I've put over 1,000 rounds through it they are not bad.No other complaints.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use a 12 bore, with steel, for waterfowling. Lots of heavy loads through it, and no problems. Nice to be able to throw it on top of the decoy cart, drag it up the river, without getting too concerned about marring the finish. I (we) also have a 16 and a 28 CZ. The 28 has thousands of rounds through it, sporting clays, with nary a bobble...great value for money....all ours have double triggers...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bought a pair of them when they first came out a 20 with 28" bbls and a 28 with 26" bbls. Over the years I have no idea how many rounds have gone through the, most in pasture clays. The 20 has killed it share of ducks with bothsteel and other non tox. Now use mostly bismuth and Kent Matrix for ducks over decoys, thankfully I aquired quite a bit of both when on sale and close outs. I have not had one problem with either one of these shotguns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They're unusually light for inexpensive sxs--in 28ga. I think those are probably the best buy of all the Bobwhites, for that reason. I did have a 16ga with very heavy trigger pulls, and it definitely was not a lightweight for a 16 (nor are the 20's and 12's, compared to other guns of the same gauge). But CZ does have a very good reputation for standing behind their guns if there are any problems. A friend bought a .410 with chambers that would not accommodate his reloads. Nor, if I recall, one brand of factory shells. He sent it back, figuring they'd ream the chambers a bit. They sent him a new gun.

Most problems have been with single triggers; some with heavy trigger pulls. Other than that, pretty sound guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love my CZ Bobwhite 28 ga. You won't find 20's or 28's at those prices. Chops

Sidelock
Sidelock

Son in law just hammers wild phez using steel in his CZ Partridge 20; same gun, different dress. Loves his 28 for grouse.
I have a seven year old Dehaan SO 20; there again, same gun different dress, that I hit really good with.
Shot a box of about 40 year old ammo in it at trap one day, then noticed almost every primer was pierced. Not long after that I had to have work done by Dehaan on the right sear. Maybe the primer grit had something to do with it.

Last edited by Patriot USA; 12/22/10 07:15 PM.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.