May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (cable), 818 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I suddenly realized that my battle with my extra 20 lbs I gained while being laid up this past year is going to seriously impact my bird season in less than 2 weeks. None of my hunting clothes fit from the waist down except socks and boots! It seems NOBODY here who used to sell breeks ain't anymore, or are out of business completely. I like using them with rubber boots and tall leather/cordura ones. My leather pants won't fit either, ditto for my old Filson double tin pants. Does anyone out there know where a guy can get a pair of breeks at a decent (i.e.fair) price? I'm racing against the clock! Many Thanks for any help - Marc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have you tried eBay?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc - it will take longer than 2 weeks, but have you tried Bookster for tweed breeks/clothing?

http://www.tweed-jacket.com/index.html

I have not had personal experience of them but they are highly rated via customer testimonials and ship worldwide, notably to the US.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Buy a pair of regular trousers (that fit) and take them, along with an old pair of breeks, to a local seamstress and ask them to do the same to the new pair. Works like a charm and is fairly inexpensive.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Get a pair of Filson Bibs, get an extra size larger. Shake them up at the club!

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

What size are you; I have a pair I have never worn.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Let's say I'm currently a perfect 34

Sidelock
Sidelock

You have leather pants?

Are you really Jim Morrison?

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nope, I'm Iggy Stooge,. Ooops, sorry, gotta put his post '76 name, Iggy Pop.

Yeah IO got a beautiful pair from a friend who found them at a tag sale or Salvation Army store, something along those lines. \

They're great for thick woods! I remember an article about hunting in Sweden in a Shooting sportsman about 10 - 12 years ago. The guy was wearing some and I thought, "cool, and it makes perfect sense".
THEN....Check your Double Gun Journal, Volume 19, Issue 3 (Autumn 2008) page 16....He's not me, but the pants are similar and I DO favor blackpowder fowlers and rifles as of late. Cosmic, ya remember?

But now I'm Leslie West, I gotta drop 20 pounds!!!!

DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sierra Trading Post and Orvis often have them on sale online. Sierra Trading Post heavily discounts Barbour, Beretta, Laksen, Orvis, Musto, Braeval, Filson etc. Sign up for their email list and they send out big coupon codes each week.

www.sierratradingpost.com

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.