May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 620 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,606
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

..North England?

I'm looking to treat myself with a mate by staying in a nice hotel/lodge and having a days peg shooting or weekend then returning the Monday...happy to spend up to £1500 each($2500).

I just wondered if any forumites knew of somewhere splendid to spend a weekend...don't mind what we shoot but prefer grouse, pheasants and or partridge...and I need to be taken to each peg due to my illness presently.

T

Sidelock
Sidelock

I could get you sorted out in Wales or the West Country, but not Scotland; I'm out of date for driven up there.

Are you aware of these folks? Might help you. Guns on Pegs http://www.gunsonpegs.com/shooting/buy/index.php

Eug

Last edited by eugene molloy; 10/01/10 08:14 AM.

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have friends who are regular participants at the Ripley Castle shoot and enjoy it very much. There is an article on the Ripley shoot in the upcoming issue of Shooting Gazzette magazine. You can read it online.

http://www.gunsonpegs.com/shooting/buy/shoots.php?tab=det&id=199

http://www.shootinggazette.co.uk/shootfeatures/501573/Shooting_in_the_snow_at_Ripley_Castle.html

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eugene's tip about guns on pegs is a great place to look.

The first thing to decide is what sort of shooting you want to purchase. Driven can get expensive, with a lot of the famous shoots charging 40GBP+ per bird. That makes a 400 bird day rather pricey, even for a line of 8 guns. Fortunately there's a lot of other, well-managed and challenging shooting available that doesn't require that sort of expenditure. If your dates work out, Dig Haddoke's shoots are a bargain and very well run, even if you'll be expected to pay for a fair number of rounds of bitter after the shoot! There are a number of packages offered by various agents that include driven, walked-up and, sometimes, stalking. If you search around, you'll find some good ones that suit your budget. You'll also get a warm welcome from all participants, whether blokes like us or peers of the realm. They're all there to shoot!

By the way, Eugene, I missed Wales last year, but I'm back in December. The Lion for dinner?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi guys, already set to go on one of Digs. smile I'm a member of guns on pegs...didnt think of them for hotels..what have you in Wales or South West? smile PM me,

Cheers
T

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you're in Wales (or thereabouts, since Glyndwr tended to have a flexible idea of the boundaries), the most glorious, wonderful shoots possible are those run by Gwyn Evans (Google Bettws Hall) and Robert Jones (Long Mountain, Three Valleys and another with no vowels whatsoever). They tend to put on some big days, but a shared day of 300 would fit your requirements. In any of them, expect not a single boring drive, birds as exciting as you can wish and perfect management. Eugene can give you some more tips there, but, if you want to see the sport as good as it gets,go to Wales. The people are lovely and welcoming, the food great and the weather has been surprisingly mild the last few years. I'll be over there second week in December and am already straining at the bit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If your determined to go to Scotland try Cowans Shooting in Dumfries, Jay Steele at Cowans Law Shooting ground will sort everything for you.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Actually I'm not it was the first consideration but clearly there are some super suggestions here! Cheers
T

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.