April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Sun Dog, Jerry G), 1,009 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,118
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've never heard anyone ('till now) claim an English single trigger was reliable...
Any of you guys seen the old Holland single trigger design in use? The one you push forward to get the tighter barrel? Mental masturbation, in it's purest form.
Even in the cold, I prefer a double trigger. I get around it with one of those giant mittens strapped to my front, that I can slip my hand out of as I mount the gun.
What is the reason, exactly, for a single trigger on a gun with two barrels? I have never understood that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Double trigger, but I wouldn't turn a single trigger down...in fact, I have one. A DT is faster, if that's a concern (which it never has been for me.) The re-set on a single trigger can be a bit problematical if you use light loads, which I like.

But you don't have to move your hand at all with a single, and you do have to move your fingers with double triggers. Or I do, very slightly.

And I think double triggers look COOL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For two barreled guns there should be two triggers. A single trigger is a mechanical contraptation waiting to fail. What was the motivation in the first place for someone to think that he wanted a single trigger, double barreled gun?

Sidelock
Sidelock

My birdguns have double triggers and I don't even have to think about which trigger will give me the choke required if a longer shot is required. But I was raised on a double trigger since age 12 (I will be 70 this week so lots of experience.) I do have a couple single trigger guns which I use mostly for clays when I am not practicing clays with my hunting guns. The Kreighoff M32 has approx 250,000 rounds through it without a problem, although that trigger isn't the nicest feeling it has never messed up. The other is a very new B Rizzini and I can't site enough experience with it yet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For hunting, double triggers offer instant choke selectability. All other reasons for double triggers pale in comparison to the advantages of instant choke selectability.

I agree with others that single triggers are a solution to a nonexistant problem.

--shinbone

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drive over 1100 miles with one shotgun riding in the back to hunt for over a week in the middle of nowhere and see if you don’t decide upon double triggers. (Two guns on one stock).

ben-t
Unregistered
ben-t
Unregistered

I have sold several of my doubleguns, but of those that remain 3 have double triggers and two a single. I don't have alot of experience with the single trigger guns, but choke selection is made when the safety is pushed off. With the double trigger guns the safety is pushed off and the trigger is selected. If there is a time lag my experience doesn't reveal it. I will admit that, for me, having the two types can present a problem. With the double trigger guns I try to pull the same trigger twice and with the single trigger guns I reach for a trigger that is not there. I console myself by admitting that making a second attempt is more unlikely than the first and that the few "doubles" I've made on doves I always have trouble finding the first one down. Course I have even more problems anytime I'm involved with hooks and monofiliment. One thing for certain, you guys really worry me when you start talking about the possibilty of doubling. Probably going to give me a flinch! Perhaps I'll have to start using a pumpgun?

EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I need a single trigger, selective if possible, Miller is best. I lost my right eye 10 years ago after 60 years of being right eye dominant, and 50 years as a right-handed shooter. It is a fact that I can't sign a check with my left hand, and my left trigger finger is not connected to my brain as good as my right.

I sold off most of my double-trigger Parkers (all except a nice Trojan), and the SST's mitigate the difficulty of shifting from the front to back triggers, which are staggered for right-handed shooters. It is difficult for me to get off a good second shot with the Trojan, and even my SST guns sometimes forget to discharge when the connection between my brain and left pointer finger fails for some obscure reason. EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am a real DT fan. My Miroku O/U has one trigger and it works well, but I don't seem to react well to releasing the trigger for the 2nd shot. All my other guns are DT, it is just so natural for me to go to the 2nd trigger, I don't even know I do it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like to shoot a number of different guns, with a DT it's always the same, the front trigger for right barrel the rear for left barrel. You don't have to ponder, even for an instant, how the selector works on that model gun... with DT's they're all the same.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.