LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ebay 272222625010

WJL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Paul Jaeger sidemount on my Springfield. It is very well made and returns to zero. I do have a problem with the locking clamp opening under recoil. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I don't see how to secure the lock arm after mounting the scope to keep this from happening. Anybody know how to fix this?

Jerry Liles

Boxlock
Boxlock

Thank you LRF. I took a close look at the mount and it has two notched out grooves in the base plate indicating a slightly different slide on mount. I hesitate to change the base mounting plate as the person who installed it attached it with precision and love and the way he cut out the stock to accommodate the plate is perfect. Judging from the mounting holes in the plate the screw holes and locating pins are slightly different on the Ebay unit.I do have photos of the mounting plate but no way to post them.
Thank you again for your help. I must keep looking. Tomorrow I will call New England FA.

Boxlock
Boxlock

RE:longer lock bar spacing in G&H style rail.
I have a Sedgely custom with a Griffin and Howe rail mount that is identical in all respects to G7H EXCEPT the crossbolt indents are spaced at 2-7/8" as opposed to 2" on all my other G&H equipped rifles (8). Can anyone give me a steer as to the maker?
Thanks
Oldguncrank

Sidelock
Sidelock

WJL,
Jerry,
This is just a "shot in the dark", but check to see if the lever "bottoms out", it should not. Most of them are adjustable, so that they don't( different makers have different systems). If the lever bottoms out, it is not tight.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Oldguncrank
RE:longer lock bar spacing in G&H style rail.
I have a Sedgely custom with a Griffin and Howe rail mount that is identical in all respects to G7H EXCEPT the crossbolt indents are spaced at 2-7/8" as opposed to 2" on all my other G&H equipped rifles (8). Can anyone give me a steer as to the maker?
Thanks
Oldguncrank

Griffin and Howe weren't the only ones making mounts like that,
here is an example of an Akah mount that is similar

Akah mount on ebay

WJL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Der Ami,

Thanks for the reply. The lever does not "bottom out" and the connection is tight. However after one or two shots the lever has begun to open and the scope is loose. Most annoying. I keep thinking there must be a trick or something I should be doing to keep this from happening. If this was common or usual with this mount I should have read about it somewhere or there should have been some instructions from Jaeger on how to correct it.

Any help is appreciated.

Jerry Liles

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry,
Sorry it didn't work out. I once mounted a "no name" side mount and couldn't stop the top part from slipping forward, until I installed a roll pin through the dovetail for the top to bump against. Since it was in a dovetail, I had to first mill a flat( like a spotfacer)to keep the drill from "running". Whether you modify your mount, or not, is entirely up to you. It worked in my case, but I have no idea about yours. The mod is unobtrusive.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think my memory is going down the drain, but I swear that I remember some discussion on this forum where someone, maybe
Don Moody or J.D. Steele talked about making tiny lock washers for this or a similar situation. I've done searches for every combination that I can conceive but found nothing.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.