Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

My $0.02 worth:

I do a lot of buying from the on-line sites like Gun Broker, and mikeej99 does some of the best pictures out there. Hes one of the few sellers who put up sharp photos that show what I need to see to make an offer/no offer decision.

His descriptions are clear, concise, and more accurate than most I see.

He usually asks top dollar for what he sells. When he buys, he is also willing to pay top dollar for what he wants. Hes able to sit on a gun until he gets what he wants for it. All of this is his business, and he can do exactly as he pleases.

Ive bought guns from him, and will likely buy more. He has always met all the commitments he has made to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, one gun out of 529 in the last four months. And, Kyrie, you are absolutely wrong about the pictures. They are terrible. Yesterday, I bought a gun on Gunbroker from a seller who didn't know his ace from first base, but his pictures were so good I didn't even call him about the gun, I just bid and bought it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GunBroker and Auction arms are auctions. For ridiculous prices, go to Guns International. I know of more than one dealer who has had guns on there for over two years.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW
GunBroker and Auction arms are auctions. For ridiculous prices, go to Guns International. I know of more than one dealer who has had guns on there for over two years.

Sounds like Steve Barnett........

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore

---snip---
And, Kyrie, you are absolutely wrong about the pictures. They are terrible.
---snip---

So you know more about what I can see in pictures than I do? That's weird :-)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW

Some of Mikeej99's have been there >6 years.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, OK Mikeej99 has the right to conduct business as he sees fit
If you do not like his pictures, prices, pieces, and other P words,
do not buy it, but he has the right to conduct business as he sees fit.

Sure glad hunting season is here !!

How is that for an attitude?
Soon we will have to get Doublegun to vote on what can or can not be placed on GunBroker. cry

Last edited by skeettx; 09/03/15 05:30 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Troll? Really? Seems to me the man enjoys owning all those guns and doesn't want to part with them unless he gets an offer too good to refuse. His guns, his prerogative to ask and get whatever he can for them. I'm not seeing harm in this.

If seeing his guns offered continuously for a long time ranks as a problem, life must be good pretty darn good.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it accurate to call a gun "Minty" when the barrels are patina, the buttstock is scratched, the triggerguard and forearm escutcheons have almost zero blue remaining, and the case colors are 50% at best, and completely gone on the underside of the action? The auction description says 90%+ Case Colors. Really? He admits this "Minty" gun has an ill fitting replacement buttplate.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=504006904

I'd like to know so that I can use the same condition criteria with a clear conscience when the time comes to sell some of my guns. Perhaps this gun was wiped down with peppermint oil, hence the "Minty" description???

I wonder also, how many here would be content to attend a farm, auto, machinery, or art auction where the same items were put on the block for years without selling?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Is it accurate to call a gun "Minty" when the barrels are patina, the buttstock is scratched, the triggerguard and forearm escutcheons have almost zero blue remaining, and the case colors are 50% at best, and completely gone on the underside of the action? The auction description says 90%+ Case Colors. Really? He admits this "Minty" gun has an ill fitting replacement buttplate.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=504006904

I'd like to know so that I can use the same condition criteria with a clear conscience when the time comes to sell some of my guns. Perhaps this gun was wiped down with peppermint oil, hence the "Minty" description???

I wonder also, how many here would be content to attend a farm, auto, machinery, or art auction where the same items were put on the block for years without selling?

Ahhh, a poster with a brain..........and good eye sight.

1.)mikeej99 makes ed good look like the Salvation Army on pricing.

2.)mikeej99 has the worst pictures on gun broker next to "sly". Dark, one sided views only etc.

3.)mikeej99's phony props and pool table with billiard balls and books doesn't fool anybody with a brain, all b.s.

4.)BUT....there is an ass for every seat...so knock yourself out.

I called the guy once and he was extremely rude....and that was over six years ago....I would not buy anything from this seller.

Best,

Doug

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.