April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (buckstix, NCTarheel), 1,018 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,187
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#16337 12/22/06 04:46 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A buddy of mine has the following question:

"Ok gentleman I have a question that is sure to garner some chatter. I have some money, and am looking to replace my old FIE Citori knock-off with something a little nicer… I’m looking for an 12ga. O/U with 30’ bdl’s, POW grip and a Schnabel forend. Oh, yes, a vintage long tang Superpose would be great. Budget: as of today about $1500 USD and by summer I’ll be up over 2000. (No, this is not a lot of money but what do you want from a school teacher.) What would you all recommend?"

Sidelock
Sidelock

W/O POW grip I would suggest a Beretta 686. Different varieties available for amount suggested. Does he really want POW or round knob? Some folks get the two confused.

Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

If he was a 'school teacher' in the district I pay taxes in he could afford to order up a custom B-25.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jjwag69
Does he really want POW or round knob? Some folks get the two confused.
Jim

Okay, I'm confused. What's the difference? I thought they were the same thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a semi-pistol grip in the states. You will hear, of course, how a 'true' POW is more slender and graceful, etc... It's all balony. It's either a staight stock, a full pistol (Perazzi, 525, etc), or something in between and 'semi' covers that well. We don't need Prince of Wales, Duke of Earl, or Larry the Cable Guy.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

About the only gun you'll get with a schnabel forend tip will be a sporting clays model and there's nothing wrong with that, but it won't have a POW grip. The schnabel FE and POW grip sort of don't go together. Superposeds were never made with a Schnabel, TMK. A Citori lightning will have the long grip with a round knob, but no schnabel.
Spare me the crap about underpaid teachers! My wife did payroll in a school district in California. I know better.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim Legg,
Maybe he's a teacher in a parochial school...you know, where the kids behave, the lay teachers make less than public school but pay no union dues, the education's better... at least that's the way it is 'round here.

Hunter,
If the old Super sounds like gunsmith-trip-in-waiting, how about a Rizzini B ?
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62643842
Oops, wrong grip

Last edited by Yeti; 12/22/06 05:40 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ruger sporting with 30barrels can be had for 900 used, i have one and shoot it as well as my Beretta silver pigeon sporting if not better, 686 is a good choice, but not sure you can get one with your budget with 30" barrels.

Spare me the crap is right. If you really think teacher's are over paid, consider this. You pay your electrician, car mechanic and plumber, even your "sanitary engineer" more per hour than you pay the person who spends more time than you do instructing your kids in how to survive in this world.
Elementary and High School teachers put in far more than a 40 hour week and many take money out of their own pockets to pay for the "extras" that the local school board cut from the budget. And they do the work even though classes have 25-30 kids or more when they should have 18...when all levels of ability are lumped together and they have to make lesson plans for three levels of incompetence instead of one...when half the kids don't speak English...when the other half need special ed. which has been cut from funding (again by the idiots on the local school board). Or how about the complaining parents who have taken away the opportunity for teacheers to provide the very structure and discipline that disruptive students will never get at home. In fact, consider the 3rd Grader with a Police "rap sheet" of 10 assault offenses in a school system that's more concerned with being PC than in discipline ... then consider whether you have what it takes to even be a teacher in today's society. Your pay is frozen, contracts are left to rot, your benefits are cut, your class room tools are reduced ... and it's your fault that little johnny can't read or write. You're only correct about one thing ... spare me the crap.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.