May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Sandlapper, PALUNC, fallschirmjaeger, Jtplumb, smlekid, 1 invisible), 1,200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,659
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What do you know about a line of Italian shotguns imported by Kalispell Case Line, out in Washington state? They go by the name of Cortona and are manufactured by F.A.I.R. (Fabrique Armes Issadoro Rizzini) as the best choice to meet all of our criteria. F.A.I.R. has been in the Italian gun making industry since 1971 and has earned a reputation for quality, production capability and good business practices. They have some dealer guns they were selling at reduced prices. I noticed they have two sporting clays models and I sent them an e-mail the other day, asking if they had shotguns for trap shooting. This is the reply I received: I have a Grande sport with 30" ported barrels, with 6 extended chokes. It came back from a dealer about 3 weeks ago it has a few small dings (not through the finish) on the adjustable stock. It has been shot several times. The finish on the barrels and receiver look new. The Dealer was $2,200.00 the msrp was $3,125.00. We will sell to you for $1,200.00." The price sounds really great. That is over $2,000 off the MSRP. My question is; how good are F.A.I.R. (Fabrique Armes Issadoro Rizzini) shotgns? any information you can supply will be greatly appreciated.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Colin,

First you would have to establish what "has been shot several times" really means.

I did some searching and Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini has a large assortment of models with a retail price range in Italy that goes from about €1,200.- up to €4,500.- so you will have to identify the model you are looking at to have a reference. They have a distributor that has an extensive list of F.A.I.R. products with prices Primarmi .

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the info. Forgot to include the link for site: http://www.kalispelcaseline.com/cortona/products/grandesport/default.asp. This will bring up the page for the gun I was talking about. Off to the left of the page, are the other guns they import and sell.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

The locking lugs and action parts seem to be identical to those of B. Rizzini guns which is also very similar to the Guerinni guns so the issue is probably artistry in wood and metal than the mechanism.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They say "Lifetime Guarantee" to original buyer!
So shoot the Crap out of it.
Does Beretta do the same?, I honestly don't know
How much is a Marocchi (SP?)
Offer a Grand
I"v never heard of them,
too many beers tonigjht
good luck
Franc

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.