May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 756 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't resist: I actually had, no lie, a pirated Grade IV Uggie toplever spring in my Webley 700 until the replacement spring came in...Have't had any other problems with either one of them since, though. The Ugartechea has Baker (coil main springs) locks, which are reputed to be very durable. Mine sure has been.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Check your PM's a second time, please.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Jerry,

You used the word "had" to describe your Grade IV--meaning, I suppose, that you no longer possess it?

If you don't mind my asking, why did you get rid of it?

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Chicago (and NCT),

Thanks for your advice about the Webely 700. I'm not at all familiar with this gun, but I'll look into it--seems well worth considering if I can find one being offered by the right dealer.

However, I would kind of like to stick with new guns if I make a purchase over the internet. Unless I'm working with a dealer whose reputation impecable, and the gun looks like it's been very lightly used, I'm not sure that the profit outweighs the risk (at least for my temperament). I am much more willing to take a risk on a used gun if I can examine it in person before making a commitment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One more PM sent, Seymour. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seymore, Uggies and Webleys are both great guns. If you do decide to go the Webley route, I have two. Both 99%+. I was going to sell them this fall, but if you are interested let me know. One is 12g the other a 16g.
Dave
dtercek@atlanticbb.net

Last edited by terc; 04/29/10 04:46 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Seymour,
Everybody has an opinion.... but my experience with a high-end Ugartechea SLE was disappointing... I paid the money and I got the experience... and now someone else owns it... Frankly, when I see a high condition Spanish shotgun for sale, the first thought in my mind is I wonder what the problem is with that one.

If you do buy a Spanish shotgun, you do want to pick your dealer carefully, and have confidence the dealer will stand in there with you if you have any problems.

NCTarheel

Last edited by NCTarheel; 04/29/10 05:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're going to judge all Spanish guns on one experience??

I'll bet there isn't any maker who doesn't have a 'lemon' now and then.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree with Patriot USA just above. I have several high end Spanish guns, including two Ugartechea clones of the great Merkel 303 series that are better built than the Merkel, and an AyA M53E with a SST!!! They are all great guns, even the SST on the AyA has never missed a beat. On the other hand, we have all seen lower end Spanish guns that leave a lot to be desired. It's like any other game in town, ya' gets what ya' pays for!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seymour Sunny asked why I no longer own the Ugartechas Grade IV?

Its because at heart I'm a "GUN WHORE". I can't afford to own all of the guns that I covet, so I buy what I like, shoot it for a while, and then move on to my next sensuous desire. My last two SxS purchases have been English Birmingham game guns. Both are older 12 ga. box locks, and probably inferior in many ways to the Uggie.

My dad bought me a Mossberg 16 ga. bolt-action for my 13th birthday & bar-mitzvah. I still have it, and intend to be buried with it, and a box of #6's. All of my other shotguns come and go.

Last edited by jerry66stl; 04/30/10 10:21 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.