May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 667 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,604
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Over on another board these guys came up as recommended insurers:

http://historicfirearms.com/

Has anyone ever filed a claim with them or had any experience with them?

Any other suggestions, other than a rider on a homeowners?

Are their advantages to a rider that independent insurance does not offer and vice versa?

Thanks

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 04/19/10 09:32 PM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Obsessed:
Insurance on fine guns is (1) expensive and (2) only serves to assuage a loss you found tragic to begin with -- and with mere money at that. I've found the best "insurance" is a solid safe. Backed up with a large dog and a 12-bore riot gun.

Best, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have insurance with Collectors Insurance Agency(CIA). I buy and sell militaria in addition to guns so I often have to ship and receive fairly expensive items. I've had one claim for $1500 over the years which they promptly paid. The principals name is Dan Walker and he usually sets up at major gun shows like the ones held at the Louisville Convention Center.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try the NRA, DEAL WITH THEM!!!! When I told them what I was paying Collectors they beat the price. Don't just take the first offer, they can move.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Which peril is your concern?

Fire, Theft, Breakage, or ........?

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
APS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had a policy sold by Collectors for some time now. I did look at NRA and several other options. Collector was far and away better coverage, had a better reputation with customers both on claims and customer service, as is fairly priced.

The coverage extends to cover when shipping as well as theft and other loss catagories. The additional bundled coverage for edged weapons covers all of my knifes inside my gun premium.

Collectors is a best buy all way round.

al

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I use these guys, I have never filed a claim so I do not know about that.

http://www.corevens.com/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

The underwriting company is well rated. I have insurance for my travelling guns with them and, fortunately, have yet to file a claim. Their rate of under 50 cents per hundred dollars of value insured at replacement is way under the cost of a rider on my home ins at well over a dollar. Still, you'll never know until you file a claim. On the other hand, all the searches I did were positive, which, along with the price, is why I booked with them.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mr. T-

Are you referring to Collector's?

Thanks for all the responses.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
Mr. T-

Are you referring to Collector's?

Thanks for all the responses.

OWD

Eastern, as per the original query.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.