March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've even been across there from England; not too far really. Liked Newfoundland and Nova Scotia so much we are planning a return visit. Lagopus.....

CJ Dawe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

First of all fella's thank's for all the kind word's ,I really appreciate them...

Last edited by Newf; 03/11/10 10:25 PM.
CJ Dawe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If if some of you fella's in the know could send me your e-mail address ,I'm able to send you the pic's and maybe then you could post them for me,otherwise it don't seem like I'm able to post them( my computer skill's are limited at best)

Thank's for any help in advance

Last edited by Newf; 03/11/10 10:28 PM.
CJ Dawe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

hope this work's !!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Newf,
You've chosen a good host website for your pix. From the page that shows a number of small pictures, you simply have to put your cursor on the picture and a dropdown appears with 4 choices. You then just move your cursor down to the bottom one, "IMG Code", right click, a window appears that has some choices, chose "copy" with a left click. Then simply put your cursor in the reply window of this site where you want the picture, left click once, then right click, the window with the choices appears, chose "paste" and a web address should appear in the reply window. Preview it then submit it.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

For picture's I've been using picturetrail for quite some time and it's very straight forward as well.

foxes rule
CJ Dawe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

O.k fella's at the risk of sounding low minded,I just can't get my head wrapped around this at all ,if any of you fella's can put this pic's up for everyone to see ,thank's a million (Chuck.H?)In the meantime has anybody who has seen the pix have any idea what the sidelock is or what should be a reasonable offer?

Thank's again

Sidelock
Sidelock

The gun has Bmham. marks, but the engraving looks distinctly Liege to me.
It is a lovely gun and probably needs to be bought.:}
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
CJ Dawe Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well,I expected a little more interest...but no worry's,nothing ventured nothing gained,I had very little interest in the Schofeild ,I don't mind re-laying the rib ,if the gun could of been had for $100.00,the un-known seemed to have sketchy wall thickness(possibly worth sleeving?)that coupled with a nasty pit just ahead of the forend and it needed to be re-stocked by right's,I thought it quite alot of work for a gun with no name.
The Parker well ,I investigated it a little more ,it was said to be a dh grade ,but no grade designation could be found,the wood seemed quite plain for all the fancy engraving ( it did match dh samples I found ) and the case color's were quite vivid for the age and wood condition.....any thought's anyone ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Parker without an ID on the gun would be very unusual. Is their any marking on the top rib that indicates the name of the manufacturer and the type of steel? Are the barrels damascus or fluid steel?

Last edited by Linn; 03/16/10 08:07 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.