March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

A camo clad hole puncher??....me thinks your slipping Lowell.....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you mean "sipping".....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bob, the Beesley has been my only constant no matter how many times I try to reinvent myself.
j0e, the bunker in me won't allow pics - sorry!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Im not sure if this is a thread on standing guard or just about other types of fun shooting. But in either case, I recommend the Rock River AR. It is so much rifle for the money it just waylaid sales of other hp rifles a few years ago.(Its guaranteed 1 min. out of the box-3/4 min. in the NM version!) Its the most fun you can have with yer pants on and runs about $750. at Perry. And if vigilance is your concern the AR is tough to beat and has its own "Stop them in their tracks" sound when cycled! Of course I dont mean to say its the blood curdling sound of the cold blued steel of my Model 12 racking one in. That's a sound that can stop a gunfight before it gets started.

Last edited by homer; 03/02/10 02:14 PM.

h
Sidelock
Sidelock

Releasing the bolt on a A-5 is no BS sound as well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell:

Good to see you. The idea of you in camo breeks, though, is a bit off-puting- I hope they are appropriately tailored, at least.

I was using an HK 91 for the tasks you describe, but am getting a Rock River LAR-8. Its a lot more accurate and FN mags are available everywhere. You might take a look at one.

Good luck

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
Sidelock
Sidelock

See my boys at 417 guns in Springfield for all your SHTF and bunker defense firearms needs LG. Talk to my HS classmate Marshall and he'll hook you up. He's retired and basically does whatever the shop owner, his son, tells him to do there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
but...it's more camo, than tweed these days mates!
You might say, I've gone bunker(gold,food and ammo)and some Glenn Beck tossed in for good measure.
Add to this, a couple of gentlemen's sniper rifles, for the "Woods" and there you have me!
Keepin' the backwoods loafers at bay.

Lowell,

Sounds a bit dismal. Like waiting for impending disaster.
I've had all the items you've listed for years (with the exception of the gold :))The McMillan Sniper is still one of my most accurate rifles.1911's,Garands and twice barrels work too. As for me? Tally Ho!! Hunt,fish,shoot,dirt bike and drag race all I can. Life is for the living not hiding in a bunker.
I don't need Beck or anyone else to tell me what's happening in the world. I've got eyes.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Absence makes the heart grow fond..Old Bean
Was wondering where you were, mate.
Glad to see you're still kickin'
Franc

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.