April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jem Finch, Stanton Hillis, 2 invisible), 1,120 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

The squeaky wheel just got some oil!! I'm a "star-man" now.

tunes

"It's a good day for something"
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well for the most part I learned nothing (about "stars") but had a fun time getting there!! By the way my knowledge is limited, but alas I am now a "modified!!"

Double guns and English Setters
Sidelock
Sidelock

HMMM. Four pages and no information. Not a record by any means.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Apparentely the award process is kinda like being on "Double Secret Probation" ala Animal House!!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

How it works:

You can find out how many people have rated you by going to your profile. Point at your stars and it will tell you how many members have rated you.

Now suppose you have had two rates and one member rated you a 1star and another rated you a 5star then (5stars+1star)/2rates = 3 star average. You will have three stars.

Now suppose you point at the stars in your profile and you have 5 rates. Suppose you have one 1star, one 2star, one 3star, one 4star, and one 5star (1+2+3+4+5)/5rates = 3star average. You will have three stars.

So I suppose if one wanted to maximize his influence on his fellow members' star ratings he would only give out ratings of 1star or 5star. It does not affect a 3star rating if you give that member a 3 star rating, only if you give him a star rating higher or lower.

This explanation is so good I think we ought to make it a sticky and I should get a permanently awarded 5star rating.

Humble Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/24/10 04:44 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

The star system is retarded. How can a guy who tells lies, is extremely rude, a crybaby and an antagonist get four or five stars?
Dustin

I was wondering why you still have two....

Thanks mouth breather, I'm glad your picking up what I'm putting down. If you get all butt hurt (no pun intended) from Markethunters insinuation of your sexual orientation I suggest you not start with me, I'll wear you out and we'll both be one star heroes. I like your Scotts though jOe, no matter how badly I want to ruin a nice set of those nice damascus barrels by bending them over your nugget and wrapping whats left around your neck.

Dustin

That's what I'm talking about....crying, lying, rude, sexual, antagonistic and threatening all in one post.

I'd say you're definitely the total package.

You're a package. Go blow a turkey leg.

I just rated you at 3 stars............classic

H&H

NOT A FAN OF PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE
Sidelock
Sidelock

I asked this same question way back when, and someone, I think it was Mike, gave me five. He said it was up to me to keep them. I guess I'm just lucky that there are no negatative anti-matter stars or there might be a black hole by my name that would suck in all matter and light and this whole BBS.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Craigster
Originally Posted By: Timothy S
Craigster, well you said that you'd give one away, be careful what you say.

Tim

I guess we don't get stars for sharing.

Hey Craigster, I gave you one of my stars, I'm running on fumes.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone on here took one of my stars....

That's okay ladies I still have some nice double barrels to rub.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I never even paid any attention to them before. I'm only posting to see how many I've got. Like I really care.....

DLH

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.