April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (NCTarheel, Jimmy W, Argo44, 1 invisible), 804 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,839
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
I also would join in asking for the star system to be removed. They don't add anything constructive and actually create a bit of tension. Dave, are you listening?

My star rating here causes me not one iota of tension, concern, or worry.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What probably was originally intended as a merit system of sorts for participation, no matter how Kindergarten it really is, has become the politically correct pissing contest neutering system that allows participants to judge and grade other individuals soley on their stated opinions.....also very Kindergarten.....and will never build readership, participation or membership....

Karl Marx wrote about this in the 1870's....so nothing new there....

Sniveling and whining are ultimately Dave's department......not some keyboard cops.....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil

The star system is retarded. How can a guy who tells lies, is extremely rude, a crybaby and an antagonist get four or five stars?
Dustin

I was wondering why you still have two....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I never even notice mine either but this subject comes up every year or so and it must bother some. Main question is why even have it?

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: LeFusil

The star system is retarded. How can a guy who tells lies, is extremely rude, a crybaby and an antagonist get four or five stars?
Dustin

I was wondering why you still have two....

Thanks mouth breather, I'm glad your picking up what I'm putting down. If you get all butt hurt (no pun intended) from Markethunters insinuation of your sexual orientation I suggest you not start with me, I'll wear you out and we'll both be one star heroes. I like your Scotts though jOe, no matter how badly I want to ruin a nice set of those nice damascus barrels by bending them over your nugget and wrapping whats left around your neck.

Dustin

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dang, after read this thread I suddenly feel unloved

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ohiosam
Dang, after read this thread I suddenly feel unloved

Awww.... I'll share one of my stars with you if it will make you feel better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Check it out guys, before I posted on this thread I had 3 stars. I just happened to notice one has disappeared. Well don't that just beat all!

Be afwaid, be wery wery afwaid, the Star Powice are watching.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craigster, well you said that you'd give one away, be careful what you say.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rabbit
How stars work: "Ratings of one's peers" or pissing match results............

We'd get along fine without it.

jack

Ha ha Rabbit ol' friend! You have such a.........(how to put this delicately and politically correct ) "a way with words". I think you hit the nail on the head right there.
Also think we'd do just fine without the rating system. On the old board I too had it locked out so I couldn't rate anybody and no one could rate me. I had no stars, but I was as happy as the only mule in the corn crib.

Last edited by h d hawg'r; 01/23/10 11:47 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.