Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a couple of favorites. 1st a 12ga FE grade Lefever which has been fit with a 2nd set of Italian made steel bbls in 26' with .012/.024 chokes (originals are 30" damascus). Wt of 7½lbs & it has been used for a very wide assortmant of game by laod variation, from woodcock to Duck & Turkey.
My other favorite is a J P Clabrough sidelock 12ga 28" damascus @ 6lb 14oz choked about .010/.010 (¼choke). This gun has been used only in the uplands (quail, woodcock, rabbit) with a light 1oz smokeless reload But I shoot it extremely well (For Me).

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dove gun is a Baker Leader choked IC/M, my want to get some fancier gun for general purpose is a Baker "B" grade and my go to trap SxS is a Baker "A" grade. Do you see a pattern here?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto jOe's comment.

Favorite's this week are my Beretta 687EELL Trap,or my old standby 32" fixed choke K-80. I shoot a lot of clays but don't hunt much any more. When I do, I'd probably borrow my buddy's 20 Super.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
he simple replied "THE NEXT ONE"

Donnie,

I'm down with that!

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave K

I have a Folsom era Batavia Leader that I think you would like. I showed it to Dewey last autumn... after several moments of pause he simply asked me if I just picked it up from the factory.

Cheers
Marcus

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had two. The first was a August Schuller 16 gauge side by my dad gave me for Christmas in 1975. He had used it for upland game and trap. I had it re-bluded and restocked in the most beautiful piece of marble cake Bastogne walnut and the beavertail was AAA black walnut from Fajen. Looked real nice and handled exceptionally well. The other was Bernardelli Series I Uberto 20 gauge I bought from John Hollinger, Aspen Outfitters Ltd. I had it stocked to my dimensions. It was the closest I ever got to a custom gun. The Bernardelli was a very well made gun and it locked up nice and tight.

Colin L. Kendall
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have two; my 12 gauge Charles Lancaster Model A Live Pigeon gun, with Whitworth barrels for doves, and my 12 gauge AyA Model 56 two-barrel set for all others, including sporting clays SxS events. Jim Haynes

Jim Haynes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Favorite - circa 1913 W. Foerster 12 ga. It was my first SxS, has beautiful wood, horn trigger gaurd and nice scroll engraving.

Favorite for the field - 1902 Syracuse Arms 12ga. with "New Twist" barrels. Took my first timberdoodle with it.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently, its a Parker VH 12 on a #1 frame, made in 1923. My Grandfather and Father hunted with it,and hopefully my son will enjoy it when I'm done. It has 26" barrels (previously butchered)
but still is somewhere near cyl and imp cyl. 85% blue, very little case, still locks up tight, lever to the right. I put a galazans gamekeeper pad on for a little more length
I hunt partridge mostly in central and northern Maine.When following my springers, its my favorite early season gun.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently, its a Parker VH 12 on a #1 frame, made in 1923. My Grandfather and Father hunted with it,and hopefully my son will enjoy it when I'm done. It has 26" barrels (previously butchered)
but still is somewhere near cyl and imp cyl. 85% blue, very little case, still locks up tight, lever to the right. I put a galazans gamekeeper pad on for a little more length
I hunt partridge mostly in central and northern Maine.When following my springers, its my favorite early season gun.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.