April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Marplot, Jem Finch, Jimmy W), 368 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,790
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
VK2 Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

I am new to this group and have one also. Just trying to work out how to post a picture from my phone! Must the photo be hosted?

CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello there,

Yes you need a hosting site to post...I use photobucket
Looking forward to the pics...those Franchi shotguns were all well made, congrats!

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
VK2 Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

VK2 Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi everyone,
I think I have managed to post some photos above. I hope they work. Cheers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice. I have always had a soft spot for these guns. I believe Beretta still makes them on request. Give us the dimensions weight, and other details about the gun. Although I prefer a different style and finish on my guns, I do appreciate the quality of the engraving and the passion of the Italians.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

For VK2

To show the pictures
go to the BBCode left and below a picture
Copy it and past in the thread

Mike

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by skeettx; 02/11/21 09:51 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am very familiar with these fine guns and their variations. I am going to suggest an Italian hunting/shooting website to you. https://www.ilbraccoitaliano.net
This is a website/board hosted by some Italian shooters with interest similar to ours. More a general hunting board than a Fine gun venue, there are forums devoted to some specialty fields. One of which is a Franchi thread, and while it contains mostly information on myriad autoloader and O/U versions made by the prolific Franchi firm, there are discussions of the various SxS guns made by the company. There are in particular two VERY knowledgeable gentlemen contributors to the thread with extensive knowledge of the guns and their history. The thread has a wealth of knowledge regarding these pieces and their storied past continuing up to the present time under Beretta ownership. Google has a translate feature that is quite good generally for AI , content is mostly understandable with exceptions for some gun terms that don't translate directly, for instance the translation uses the English "kick" and "futbol" ( don't ask me why) interchangeably for a butt stock. But by and large the intent is comprehendible for the most part.
You own a Fine Gun, one of the World's Best. It is the easily the winningest double of all time in World Box Flyer competition. I can back that up with a list of World Championships won by Imperial Monte Carlo users before, during, and since my time in Europe/World FITASC and now FEDECAT sanctioned World Championships.

The guns hold a place of reverence in the hearts of Italian shooters.
The gentleman , who is arguably the greatest pigeon shooter of all time in Europe, certainly in his era, when Italy dominated the game, Giovanni Bodini shot one Imperial Monte Carlo his entire career.
A very interesting video clip on Youtube entitled , Tiro a volo di una volta shows some amazing historical footage of Italian shooting in the early post WWII years. Bodini and his field gun (note the sling swivels in the video) with his numerous "customizing" features is frequently shown in the winners circle. The intro to the video shows a view of "Gianni" looking over the muzzles of his gun in competition mode.

I jokingly commented to a pigeon shooting friend of mine, that view was the last thing a thousand incomers saw before being reduced to an X on the scorecard.

I hope some of this is helpful to you in learning more about your gun.

I have a tremendous amount of info/history of developement ,and names of storied shooters who competed and won with these pieces.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.