April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, Replacement, SKB, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 971 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,110
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

No dog in the fight however, if everyone was aware of the delay to initial deliveries, H. Clipper is correct about the basic timeline and waiting period. If CSMC has overreached in their promises and continues to do so, they have at the minimum a problem with candid disclosure and communication. Failure to complete pending contracts is as much an unthinkable option for CSMC as it is for buyers with money on the line. Let's hope they muddle thru and you all get your guns.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think they are muddlers of the first order.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Building a new, $2500 or so SXS double shotgun isn't as easy as it would seem, apparently. Both Ruger, and CSM have discovered a force to be reckoned with, and that doesn't even consider the customers, my own observation being they can be more mercurial with each passing day, some starting as cheerleaders, and ending as mercenarys. Whew.
Glad I, 1. Didn't say it could be done. 2. Didn't say I could do it. Good luck to both companies.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

See, I didn't told you so! Good one, Ted.

jack

JayCee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

'Tis The Season to Be Jolly.

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a prior disappointing transaction with Galazan's, but put my money down anyway. I was told a year for delivery from my 12/05 order. Expected and still expect it will be more like 18 months ... won't be impatient unless it takes 20+. Won't contact them for an update. Delays in producing a quality new gun are no surprise.

What's surprising is hearing (on this board and elsewhere) that their public voice man is now so impatient with questions that he quickly suggests to customers that they can cancel if they don't like the wait. Flatly stating that your business isn't important to them takes muddling deep into the goo!

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 12/15/06 09:16 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the things that really gripes me about how Galazans has dealt with this, was the promise they made for priority delivery for those Paid in Full.

I stated earlier in this thread I have a PIF 9-28-05 order. I now know of at least two dozen RBL's delivered that were ordered several day's or weeks after I placed my order.

I have talked to Carol about this and got what I call the company line from her. Quote: Sometimes there is a production problem with a gun that holds it up in line and rather than holding up other guns we deliver those that are finished first. Your's may be one of those that got held back for some reason.

That was 10-18-06 and now there have been several that I know of delivered since then that were ordered after mine. I asked Carol if she could ask if mine was held up for some reason and if I could get an approximate time line for delivery. Her responce was "I have no way of getting any information, all I can tell you is your gun is in the shop". That was eight weeks ago!

That was a better response that what I got from Lou the last time I talked to him. A week before the 10-18-06 conversation with Carol I called and tried to speak with Carol. She was busy so I asked to speak to Lou. I told Lou that I was calling about my RBL order now that I had passed the one year mark for my order. I'll try and Quote him: "I have nothing to do with the RBL and have no information for you, You will need to talk to Carol, if you have a September order call back in a week and you may be pleasently surprised". That was nine weeks ago!

I'm trying to be patient, but it's getting harder to be with every week that passes and the more guns I see delivered that were ordered after mine!

Yeti, more details about your order, please. What are you getting, what is your priority date, and did you PIF?

I'm waiting for a PIF order with an 11/30 date.

dogon, we are essentially in the same place. All I can say, is that I wish you get your 9/28 PIF order before I receive my 9/30 PIF order. It's truly difficult for me to believe that CMSC isn't playing "footsie" here with order priority dates. Priority was advertised by CMSC to mean something. Apparently it doesn't mean a damn thing to them now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Zircon,
12/20/05, PIF, 14 3/4" straight stock with splinter forend, exb black walnut, case colors, 2 triggers.

I bet Lou isn't getting commission on RBLs - it's the only answer I can think of to explain his BS.

So CSMC struggled (struggling?) with getting the production line up and running - I expected such delays, as I worked on the periphery of manufacturing for 15 years. In my brain I added 20% to their 1 year delivery estimate.

That CSMC is not prepared for the front office issues of dealing directly with several thousand simultaenous buyers - could've been just as easily predicted but I didn't see it coming. Tony excluded the distribution layer and it's not working.

As one of the so-called CSMC cheerleaders, I'm speechless at Bill G's story.

If that had happened to me I'd be madder than a raped ape. Luckily for Lou, Bill's a gentleman - so Lou didn't have wake up on the floor with loose teeth and dusty arse.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.