Derrick - sorry, no info yet which barrel opens the 4E, or whether it doesn't discriminate. Flues bolt differently, though.

Chopperlump and Mark - - yeah, couldn't believe the hook. I don't know what had gone one because the gun is otherwise excellent. The 3/16" braise depth only applies to about 20 degrees of the hook's arch, the rest is shallower. Sorry, Mark, on the picture. I will ask my friend, but for me, I'm a flop on pictures.

Utah Shotgunner - - Think I might know this guy, who's hanging a 20-foot Xmas tree right now. Complained its keeping him away from another waterfowl foray.

Another question: This is a trap model with a factory vent rib. THe rib has one modest bend midway between two of the pillars. Would think this is a fairly easy job and that a good smith working on the bolt/hook could take this on, too. Reasonable assumption?

I've sent a copy of responses here to date to my friend, who is well into our shared addiction. Maybe he'll chime in directly. If not, I'll share more info.

Thanks very much, fellas.