April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (KY Jon), 371 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

How about Muck Boots; keep your feet warm and dry and slip on and off with no lacing or latches (or bending over to get to your own feet), and have good tread, if not much ankle support...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I got my 16 inch Maine Hunting Shoes about 20+ years ago they'd put lacing hooks on them if you wanted. I didn't do that at first but they were so hard to get laced up right that I sent them back for the hooks shortly afterwards. With the hooks you can get them on and off pretty quick.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the Bag limit on Europeans ?

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with DaveK, I have a pair of Schnee's 16in HunterII.The speed laces take about 30 sec per boot. I've stomped through all kinds of junk in the uplands chasing Grouse for 2 years and so far have no complaints.

The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.
-John Muir

Sidelock
Sidelock

Postoak: There is none, but be aware that we shoot back!
- Jani

Sidelock
Sidelock

The lace up's are the ticket if one puts some milage on in a days shooting on mixed terrain.
Like Highstrap and DaveK I have a pair of Schnee's 16" Hunter's with Goodyear bob soles and they are great for walking rough wet ground and hillsides,excellent traction. The LL's are better for still hunting IMO. Also have an old pair of Chameau Chasseur lace-up's, on the other side of ten years and still going strong. Wear lightweight breeks and chaps or leggins over them.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: montenegrin
Postoak: There is none, but be aware that we shoot back!
- Jani

Jani - just a little friendly joking, over here they call us whiteboys Europeans also.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all the replies folks. Sorry it took so long for me answer but I got the flu a day or so after posting this and haven't been back for a few days. In answer to one of the posts, I just bought my first pair of Muck Boots and I love them!! They are comfortable and very warm with no hint of wet feet ever. I have been looking at all the other Bean alternatives and right now the only one that I have completely discounted is the version sold by Cabelas. With all the bad reports I have read and the poor quality I have actually seen in them I find it hard to believe that Cabelas continues to sell them. I am still leaning toward the Beans with heavy wool socks because I just don't like the idea of the wool liners that many of the Montana boots come with. I will NOT even consider a pair of Sorels. I had a pair many years ago and that made my decsion forever!! In 60 years I still haven't gotten the nerve up to wear a pair of breeks, even though I did start out many, many years ago with a pair of the hunting pants with the elastic cuffs at the bottom for putting them in your boots. If I continue hunting in snow and wet weather as I have for the past few years in SD (although, shirt sleeves and no long johns this year!!!) I am getting closer and closer to breeks. Of course, I may have to shoot my brother to get him to quit laughing (he hates them because our Mom made him wear knickers when he was a kid!!). Thanks again for the comments. One other thing - I have already decided that if I get the Beans I will have hooks put on the last few eyelets!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.