May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (MattH, 2 invisible), 400 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,465
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, they are awesome guns! I own 3 and have owned 7 all together and they are "real Parkers" except made in Japan with better metal and wood and they can shoot steel no problem. Get a double trigger one.
Joe
PS. They are "Repros," not "Repos."

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PS. They are "Repros," not "Repos

Thanks Joe!!! I guess I should learn how to spell!!

All the best!

Greg

PS Thanks all for the great responses!

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are Repos.... if you don't pay for them!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, I have splendid news for you! I am going to sell you a real Monet painting - except it will have better pigments and acid-free canvas. I'm even going to make sure the guy has both ears. When can you send me the money?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gotta laugh. I think I'll buy my art work from someone that knows Monet had both of his ears, that Monet didn't do self portraits, and doesn't frequent gun forums. I believe you are referencing Vincent Van Gogh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Van Gogh, Schman Gogh, whatever. What really matters is the pigments and canvas will be better than anything those old geezers ever had!

Sidelock
Sidelock

With all due respect to Parker Shotguns, the Repros were virtually identical, made with modern steel, generally outstanding wood figure if not always layout. So, some heretics might say they exceeded the original.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
Joe, I have splendid news for you! I am going to sell you a real Monet painting - except it will have better pigments and acid-free canvas. I'm even going to make sure the guy has both ears. When can you send me the money?

GregSY, I don't know anything about paintings, but I'd rather own my Parker Reproductions than old, clapped out Parkers with crappy stock dimensions and non-steel compatible barrels. Where do I send the check for the Monet?
Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread started with parkers but I will bird walk a bit.
I do have a parker repro 28 with 2 barrels both 28", a pair of RBL 28 ga's with 30" barrels, a 21 with 30' barrels for 20,28 and 410, a fox with30" 28 and 410 barrels (this is my favorite)Having done a little gunsmithing in my time I have been inside of all of them and these are better than the orginals, except the rbl's they are their own thing. I have had the parker for some time as I bought it when they were first introduced. It does have some milage on it and the only problem is the case color is about gone. The single trigger has Never, Never failed and frankly the fit and the finish of the interior parts is just fine. Galazans 21's are much better actioned than the orginals. Again fit and finish is very well done. Now the fox this is through and through a much better gun than the orginal and I would not have a 28 or 410 orginal.
It remains to be seen about his Parkers but at over twice the price of the fox or 21
there will not be many to judge to have a true opinon. But hold on a minute I will have 410 barrels soon for my repro so maybe we can fat least get a peek and be able to say " yes they are just fine also".
What an a contribution to the US gunmaking world this gentlemen has made!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't want to beat this topic to death, any more than I have, so I'll just say that a Repro, unlike a real Parker, has absolutely no soul.

And yes, I own both.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.