May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (gasgunner, jake van dyke, 1 invisible), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,490
Posts545,309
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143158 04/06/09 06:24 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ordered a RBL 12 bore the other day. Carol said that delivery is expected in July of this year. Which if true, would mean that CSMC has come a long way since I ordered and then canceled on a long overdue launch edition. The configuration is 30" barrels, double trigger, splinter fore end, English grip, assisted opening, and plain wood. I decided not to go with upgraded wood due to my concern about checkering and engraving. I Handled a 28 bore last year at Beinfield and thought the engraving left something to be desired. The checkering looks like the checkering on Beretta Silver Pigeons. It's Lazer done and looks like it. I believe that if you are going to put a fine piece of lumber on a gun, then the rest of the gun should match. I bought the gun as a shooter and I'm sure it will serve well. I think if people interested in this gun go in with that mindset, they will be happy too. Hope these observations help others who are sitting on the fence about buying a RBL make a good decision.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What chokes did you decide on? I have been thinking 16ga SK/Mod

Last edited by Erik W; 04/06/09 07:03 PM.

A Springer Spaniel, a 6# double and a fair day to hunt.
Sidelock
Sidelock

IM, I am transfering a 20 with upgraded wood for a friend. I had not had ANY interest in these guns until I saw this gun in the flesh. The wood and checkering on his have me thinking of buying one for myself. I can't imagine not liking the checkering. Also, if you don't like the engraving, the checkering and ordered regular old wood, why would you even take it out as a shooter, life is too short?

Boxlock
Boxlock

IM, I ordered a RBL 28 in December of last year. Based on the past threads I was thinking it would be a long wait. It shipped yesterday, will arrive Monday as advertised when ordered. Not bad, they have indeed come a long way.

Birdbuster
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Buddy and I ordered 28-gauges the day they were announced, within minutes of each other. Both 30-inch straight grip, mine with 4x English and his with Exhibition and a single trigger. I got mine in October and shot Pheasants with it last fall. His finally arrived in late February. We are both very happy with them.

We both ordered our 20-gauges the same day too, and I got mine first. Guess one has to wait for that single trigger!

Last edited by Researcher; 04/06/09 08:55 PM.
Erik W #143170 04/06/09 08:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Erik W
What chokes did you decide on? I have been thinking 16ga SK/Mod

I think the 12's come with tubes.

What put you over the top IM, the back cover of SS?

Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Has anyone had a stock bent on a RBL? Are there any unusual problems with bending them? With only standard dimensions available, many would probably benefit from changes in them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Researcher I think yours is a very nice looking gun. What chokes did you get?

Tim

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Answers to questions:
1. Gun comes with choke tubes.
2. I have enough pretty guns, I need a workhorse.
3. Yes the back cover of SS put me over. The engraving seemed fuzzy and and I saw this in person on the RBL 28. I don't believe the engraving will look like the CSMC advertisements.

If you look at the back cover of SS the checkering looks like it has flat valleys and peaks, not like the peaks and valleys of cut checkering. I'm still not convinced that it will not turn out black on a lightly colored stock. CSMC stated that the fore end will be of straight grained walnut because extra stregnth is needed for the parts in the fore end. So why get a nice butt and a plain fore end? Don't get me wrong, I think it will be a nice gun and will shoot straight, or I wouldn't have ordered one. I just don't think it's going to be a custom, or bespoke gun. But I expect it to kill ducks nicely.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I ordered a RBL-12 with 4X wood. I requested that the wood have no figure in the grip as I would have the stock bent to fit me. CSMC understood completely! They even offered to have it bent to my measurements for about $225 (first bend? don't quote me on the price). I should receive the gun in a month and will let everyone know how it turned out.

I had considered the Exhibition grade wood but it would have come with figure in the grip section of the stock.

USMC Retired

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.