April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jimmy W), 409 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fred Offline OP
OP Offline

works best? And is it superior to bolting the pad, upside-down, to a flat wood plate, which is held flat against the sander's table?

Fred

The Pad Pal jig, which I manufacture, is one of the finest pad grinding jigs. It works much easier than the B- Square style and it's clones. You can see it at this link. Good luck! Joe

http://www.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61131982

Last edited by Dave Weber; 11/26/06 11:03 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been happy with my B-square jig for many years. Joe's jig looks well made, also. I'm sure he'll send Dave $10 from every one he sells via this free advertisement. I bought one of the hanging type from Brownells, a few years ago. I looks like the slickest of them all but the pad block was mounted so crooked on the rods it would not have cut the pad sides straight. Sent it back.

> Jim Legg <

The question was "Which pad jig works best"? I gave my opinion, and a link to my own product. If this is construed as looking for free advertising by you Jim, so be it.

Is it a requirement that anyone on this board who posts a link to any product, or gun auction, etc, pay $10 to Dave?

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good". - George Washington
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is required is determined by Dave Weber, who pays for the board. I'm not the board monitor or policeman. I am in charge of my opinion though and I gave it. It sure looks like "looking for free advertising" to me.
What is important is what Dave thinks. Maybe he'll have a pronouncement. If he's OK with it what I think doesn't matter. We pay for our ads in the classified department when we buy or sell something as a result of the ad on this board.

> Jim Legg <

So tell me Jim, if someone posts a link to some fine engraving they have done, or a magnificient stock repair, etc, thus calling attention to their business, is that "looking for free advertising" too?

I believe your statement to be erroneous. No one would be allowed to mention any service they perform, or link to any product if they followed your idea. If you are not the "board policeman", or "monitor", then why insinuate that I was looking for "free advertising"? Why the concern?

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good". - George Washington
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do make every effort to be diplomatic...However, If it looks like an ad...and it smells like an ad and it reads like an ad: "The Pad Pal jig, which I manufacture"...then it tells you where to get it...it must be an ad!

Gentlemen please....no advertising here...I define an ad as any thing "I think" will generate financial benefit for the poster...(or his buddies)...I am happy to have ads on the website at a nominal rate...just not on the BBS. I am considering adding an exclusive advertisment forum but that won't happen till early next year.

PS - So tell me, if someone posts a link to some fine engraving they have done, or a magnificient stock repair, etc, thus calling attention to their business, is that "looking for free advertising" too?

Yes..if they get any work form it it is an ad. They used my resources to expose their work to a known niche market of qualified buyers.

I do expect compensation (it never happens)...I typically find the biggest offenders think their time and efforts are worth so much more than mine...yet they love to post info here...why...because they get buyers! And seemingly free advertising...at my expense and at the expense of the board users.

Thank you...:-)

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.