April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fallschirmjaeger, JBG, 2 invisible), 435 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10477 11/17/06 12:56 AM
OP Offline

S/N 261, straight grip, splinter forearm, single trigger, 3X wood,assisted opener, case colors and long LOP ordered last September PIF and worth the wait, I'm really tickled with it.

Picked it up this morning and ran a couple boxes of shells through it this afternoon at the plate and backyard clay birds. I'm happy to report the bbls are regulated perfectly, I cant see a hair's worth of difference between them. The stock dimensions put me dead on point of aim at 16 yards. I like to be a little high (meaning the comb could be a little higher for me)but it's still better-than acceptable. It feels good and is very comfortable to shoot and easy to hit with.

The single trigger worked perfectly with live ammo, it's some sort of inertia operation and takes a little hand-bump between pulls when using snap caps. Pull weight is a very consistent 5 1/4 lbs. but is very smooth and feels lighter than that.

The ejectors really fire out the empties. I'm going to have to play around some with the assisted-opening feature to decide if I like it or not. I haven't taken it out yet to see what the opening-closing "difficulty differential" is yet, but am fruit for gadgets and glad I ordered it regardless.

Had no problems with the choke-tubes & wrench set-up. I immediately worked over the threads with never-seize. The coarse, square-shoulder threads zip in and out very quickly. Since I was checking for regulation and POI I shot it with the full and IM tubes and didn't count pellets or anything but it appears to shoot VERY tight, at least with these two tubes. The little leather pouch that the chokes and wrench come in is very cool,as is the whole package with the nice case and all the little trinkets.

Bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations, Bill! Nice report, and more info for the DB.

love to see some pics of case coloring also did you specify wood choice ie black walnut?

Bill, if you can post pictures of the 3X wood, would be very interested. Did you order black walnut? Pretty close to what I've got coming - straight, splinter, DT, 3X black walnut, 14 3/4", assisted opener, coin finish.

OP Offline

gcovert:

I'll see what I can do about pictures. I'm weak in this area but if I can talk Sweet Thing into helping she's good at this.

I'm fruit for English Walnut with those marbly-looking streaks and asked for "English-type (mineral streaked)" wood (or words to that effect)in the comment section of the order form. That's exactly what they sent, I'm very pleased with the wood. I'm anxious to see how the case coloring wears. I know it's going to wear (it all does) but some look better with "honest wear" than others.

Mike: Thanks, I enjoyed your report also.

Bill

OP Offline

Zircon, gcovert:

I have some pictures now that show the wood & case colors okay if y'all or Chuck or someone will volunteer to post if I send them on an email, my computer skills fall somewhere between Jethro's and Granny's.

Bill

OP Offline

Let's see if this works...

OP Offline

Here's the 3x wood...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, Bill.
I did't catch that hint for the help with the pics until just now. Looks like you gotter done.

Great looking gun. I'm another gun closer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like the request for "mineral streaked English looking" wood was honored. I feel the same about this. If it looks like English, I don't care if it was grown in California.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.