April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, battle, bushveld, 2 invisible), 1,130 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,141
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
4 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Was this plant built by S&W? If so why not in the USA? Oh.......it wasn't, so it's a Turkey gun with S&W on it! Sweeeeeet!

battle #11312 11/22/06 09:16 PM

It's not a S&W, it's an H&W - Huglu & Wesson.

Zircon #11320 11/22/06 10:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You go where the labor is cheap and the government is happy to have you build, which is not in this counrty. EPA does not appear in my English-Turkish dictionary. Labor unions is not in there also, or class action law suit. Do not blame S&W for making guns in Turkey. Blame us and the stupid lawsuits, excessive regulations, greedy politicians, high taxes and labor rates.

GM and Ford spend more on healthcare for their retired workers than steel to make cars. Viagria cost GM over ten million dollars each year alone. With automation and increased production per man hour of labor, major changes are in store for all the major car makers. Plant closings will occur in areas that have made parts or cars for 50 to 75 years. Towns and cities will become a very sorry place to live in or work when the car maker leaves. Thank GOD I am 50 and only have to watch this mess another 50 years.

S&W can make all the guns it wants in Turkey or even the moon for all that I could care. I have not forgoten their PC actions several years ago and will not be in line for any of their guns. There are more makers than I need and they are not one of the ones that I intend to buy from.

KY Jon #11328 11/22/06 10:47 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon, Americans shouldn't be beating up on themselves now because the benefits of great leadership, educations, entrepreunership and industrial capacity which made them the envy of the world weakened their international markets and shipped millions of jobs overseas. Who's to blame? None of the above was possible without the checks and balances of unions, automation, social legislation, strong courts and civil rights and, not least, a better-educated and informed middle class. There's still lots of steam in the United States. As for shotguns, I wouldn't trade any of my American classics for any of the new ones; all were made before 1938. There are tons of good ones still around. Regards, King

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Jon, I for one hope that you are correct about that next 50. I have no dogs in this fight, but I too remember the not too distant past and their woefully ill conceived posturing. I was not impressed, but it did not cause me to dispose of an old K-22 nor some brethern. Bean counters are the bane of product development and quality. In this case I sincerely hope the latter prevails. People come and go .. some, like shooters, are better than others. Some even learn from their mistakes.

edit: I don't mean this to be read the wrong way. I'm saying that I hope S&W comes up with a winner. We're all shotgunners here, Yes? I do not begrudge any attempt to cater to sportsmen nor to further the shooting sports, ever.

Last edited by tw; 11/22/06 11:33 PM.
KY Jon #11375 11/23/06 09:42 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

>>S&W can make all the guns it wants in Turkey or even the moon for all that I could care. I have not forgoten their PC actions several years ago and will not be in line for any of their guns<<

Now, THIS makes sense. My first wife was a shrew, so I'll hate my second wife.

As almost everyone knows, the people who did that stupid move at S&W are gone. The company has been sold. This is a new company, with new people, and it makes no sense at all to hold them responsible for what different people at a different company did.

GregSY #11381 11/23/06 10:27 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

And yet they want to use the famous Smith & Wesson name and trademark to launch a new product. It was the old company that established the reputation for excellent products, and the new guys want to cash in on the name.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep. The new guys bought the name. They are making good guns. They are doing the right things.

I'm confused. What would you have had them do with the name?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom, shrew's phone #? I have a friend.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore. I'm lucky. Married to the same wonderful woman for 33 years.

However, I know of several shrews, if your friend needs to really mess up his life1

I'll try to get more photos and a quick report up on the Gun Talk web site before I have to leave for New Mexico on Monday.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.