May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (cpa), 159 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,092
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know some kind of permit is required from California to send guns there. I need to know if a between the world wars rifle needs one when sent from an FFL holder to a C&R holder.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are NOT an FFL, there is no scoop. All you have to do is ship the gun to a CA FFL and you are done. Period. End of Story.

If your ARE an FFL, then as of 7/1/08 you need to contact the CA DOJ and get a one-time shipping code to send a gun to a CA FFL. Takes about two minutes on the DOJ website, or you can call or write them. Web Site is the best way to go. Once you have that code, you never need to bother with it again. You are done. Go to the CA DOJ website (through ca.gov), or get details from the GunBroker.com website.

I will reiterate that the online DEALERS who now refuse to ship to CA are either lazy or stupid or both. They need to learn the simple rules of the business that they choose to be in. Private parties are a different story. Seems to be a bit of a herd mentality. They see dealers who won't ship to CA and assume that they can't ship either. The reality is that all can still ship to CA, but dealers need the new DOJ code. It's a stupid law, but this state is full of stupid laws. At least we are not in Illinois.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks. I just got off of the phone with the CA department of firearms. FFL to C&R does not need a permit.

General Information

Phone: (916) 263-4887

lets see. You first box the gun in a metal locked case, with fully welded seams. no hinges or locks allowed. then you declare the contents in spanish, then you pay the new California tax rate of 100 % of original value, in gold, and then you insure it for 200 % of value, payable to State treasurer.

Then you pay the 66 % new duty for using california labor from out of state.

THen you pay the 666 % new gasonline fuel surcharge for using california refined fuels to transport your weapon.

Then you prepay the medical insurance for each illegal alien prorated within the sanctuary town you ship to.

Then you pay the penalty for even THINKING of leaving hazardous materials like nickel, iron, cobalt, and other toxic heavy metals, especially lead residues, within the state of California, from work on your filthy blood stained firearm.

Then you send it and label on the outside: Enclosed is a valuable, despiccable, dangerous gun. Please handle it with care and consideration that it may be needed to protect your state in the future.

I left California in 1978. Even then, Minnesota was politically more attractive to me.

This in jest of course.

Some of my best friends are californians. I work with Californians. I know in a few months, my federal taxes from Colorado will be supporting california-dwellers.

Jameister
Sidelock
Sidelock

As far as I'm concerned, the guys who won't sell to Ca. are morons. They are collectively screwing themselves out of a pretty good sized piece of the market and just don't know it. Since the new law went into effect, I've spent more than a few bucks with Ca. friendly dealers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm trying to buy a certain current production gun right now in the used market. It's a pretty common item, and about half of the listings on the auction sites won't ship to CA. I have emailed sellers, and most don't even want to bother to understand the new reg. I agree with Craigster: they are morons.

But, it is a fact that half the population is of below average intelligence.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.