April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (graybeardtmm3, Jose Fernandez, susjwp, 3 invisible), 838 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,828
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think they push the round bodies because they get the same price. The flat sides have more file work and the panels on the stock require more work also.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have oredered a 28 ga Arrieta with the roung action. I already have one in 20 ga. I myself like to carry the round actions. I like the square action if I am not carrying it too much. Having said that I have a very old 117 AyA that I have carried many many miles, which has a square action, due to the fact that it is kind of beat up. Now that I am a wee bit older and to lazy to crawl through the thickest brush I am going to start carrying my nicer small gauge roung action guns.........unless there are badger holes nearby! I fell in one once that was so deep I swear that I could hear people speaking Chinese and smell noodles cooking.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Amigo Will
The beauty of the round body is best seen in the Win 24.

Good one, Will, the Winchester model 24 needs something to make it beautiful!
K, watch out for those holes; I fell down last year and broke my gun in 2!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I prefer a hybrid. Flat sides but a small frame with rounded action under the water table and a round splinter, as found on small frame Lefevers and other similar makers. I noticed yesterday on a quail hunt how much I was enjoying carrying the gun at that rounded juncture versus farther back on the reciever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you going to carry it or look at it? I like a sidelock with dropper points for its aesthetics, but the dropper points hang on my thumb and the edge of the stock in the area of the lock plates is sharp. One of the most unappreciated round bodies is the Ruger Gold Label. There is something unappealing in the head of the stock in the area of the toplever, but the gun is a joy to carry and my gun shoots like it has laser guidance. I'll take the round body.

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Round body, sleek and more graceful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Vol423,

I completely agree! The toplever is not filed in line with the top of the receiver. But the body of the action is very gentle and refined. Aside the poor finish I think it's a great gun, at least estetically.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.