April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (ClapperZapper, welder, bigblock, Hoot4570, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,233
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hope some of you take the time to read the CDC's results re: the toxicity (i.e. lead levels) in individuals consuming wild game in that state. This came out today on the front (web) page of the National Shooting Sports Foundation:

http://www.nssf.org

The full-length CDC report is also available on the NSSF link by clicking on the PDF file under "Facts Hunters should know....."

also,

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2127389/posts

Rob Harris

Last edited by Robt. Harris; 11/08/08 02:21 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, what a surprise! Drinking water in Chicago is more contaminated with lead than venison! Let's ban Chicago politicians!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm suprised that they had to study that at all, what a waste of time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you suppose the CDC will do half as much to publicize the risks from exposure to mercury from broken CFL light bulbs? Still, I expect we'll be hearing from the usual suspects here on how we should be ready and willing to give up lead shot. But hey, who doesn't want to pay 2 or 3 bucks a round in order to advance a bullshit agenda?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The banning of lead shot, was at a time when duck numbers were low and duck hunting was almost a lost sport. What a better time to make the ol'boy's old guns shoot steel. Not much fight left in that crowd - so hundreds of thousand of shotguns were put away. One of the many twists and turns in disarming America.
Thim olden guns, kept behind kitchen doors will be your last ditch defense against UN troops.
...and what a wonderful revolt it'll be - the always poor, the newly poor and the overtaxed rich all taking up torches and dem old guns not fit for steel.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

TTT......

Sidelock
Sidelock

I picked that up from the NSSF release also, Robert. Very interesting.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Maybe I'm just an old has been patriot.......

But I sure can't see this thread coast into oblivion without a comment from me!

READ THE FULL REPORT GUYS! This is good news. Lead is a none issue here!

BUT and it's a big but(t)..... The summary is a typical misleading conclusion to alter at least in a person's mind the true conclusion of the data! You can go to the bank the conclusion was drafted by a liberal "agenda bearing man"

His conclusion (summary) should be read.... He didn't lie.... But he mislead the innocent so to speak...

His statement was that those adults that ate meat shot with lead had elevated lead levels. How much? He didn't say in his summary. But the report did. It was 0.3mcg/dl higher! WOW!...DOUBLE WOW! Does that scare you! He intended it to in his vague summary.

So how much lead is 0.03mcg/dl in your blood anyway? Oh about like one piece of #7 1/2 shot dissolved in A FULL SEMI TANKER FULL OF BLOOD!!!! (8000 gal.)
If we concluded 0.3 mcg/dl was dangerous to humans we could probably ban all bottled water out of existence!!
This is how crap gets passed!

Read the whole report guys including the carefully "drafted" summary!

doubleornothin

From the NSSF website regarding the kneejerk reaction by the ND Dept of Health:

"It has since come to light that the dermatologist's efforts were not the independent actions of a concerned hunter, as he claimed. It was an orchestrated strategy by the Peregrine Fund -- an organization dedicated to eliminating the use of lead ammunition for hunting. The dermatologist serves on the Fund's Board of Directors."

A visit to the Peregrine Fund website has the names of the Board of Directors. Here is the only Dermatologist/MD on the Board

William E. Cornatzer
Dermatologist, Falconer, and Conservationist

I cannot say for sure he is the physician that spun this up but he is a dermatologist, he is on the board, and he does practice in Bismarck, ND.....

I certainly hope that his intentions were honorable. I was not there so I cannot say.

Duke

Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow. Benjamin Franklin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Other interesting points here:

While those that ate meat shot with lead had higher lead levels (higher by a whole 3% of the CDC's "recommended threshold") than those that didn't, the average level for participants in the ND study was 30% LOWER than the national average! And given the fact that nearly half the people tested were 55 or older (older people typically have higher lead levels) and that over 80% of them ate meat shot with lead (also a much higher % than nationally), you might have expected the test group to have a HIGHER lead level than the national average. Came out just the opposite.

Spoke with the Iowa DNR "point man" on the lead issue. The view of the Iowa DNR and Iowa Dept of Health is that the CDC study raises more questions than it answers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.