Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
JAZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Humpty Dumbty

I used to visit the aluminum rolling facilty there in the mid 90's while the Ovadenko's were there. I asked them about boar hunting and as non hunters they were scared to go.

JZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why don't you go and spend money in a country where they actually like Americans? Why not go to: Ploand, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia,..... instead?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Why don't you go and spend money in a country where they actually like Americans? Why not go to: Ploand, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia,..... instead?

Valdas Adamkus, the president of Lithuania, is American. Where is Ploand?

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JAZ
Humpty Dumbty

I used to visit the aluminum rolling facilty there in the mid 90's while the Ovadenko's were there. I asked them about boar hunting and as non hunters they were scared to go.

JZ

They're under Alcoa now... friends working there hint that the top management has a few nuts missing. Like, all the factory covered with signs "Closed Space". It's for people who might be claustrofobic, so that they know a closed space when they enter it. Seriously. But if you're interested in a company-paid volunteering project like counting parrots in South America or something - that's your place.

For big game you oughtta go to Geno's. We have a couple of nice big game spots but they are national park, so it wouldn't work unless the chap that invites you is someone really important. What you really ought to do is ducks. They say there are crowds of woodcock if you hit the right time during migration, but I'm not a bird dog owner yet, so I dunno.

If any of you guys ever go to Samara just let me know

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jagermeister, who told you that Americans are not wellcome in Russia?
You watch too much political crap on TV I guess.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The so-called "hate" is actually a mixture of ignorance and envy, and appears only on a national scale. It doesn't exist on the personal level, really.

JAZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I currently still am working in the aluminium industry.Alcoa is a competitor. When I was there it was under control of the Ovadenkos and a London trading company called Euromin. I was told those closed off areas are for Russian defence..??

It always makes me laugh when people speak about places they have never personally been at. Like when my brother inlaw comments on the French. Never been there but he tells me they hate Almericans. I love Paris.

Russian people are awesome. We are all just a bit different. Russian women, what can you say, beautiful and fun.Second only to Brazilians...

Regarding other countries, 5 years ago I was hunting in Romania in the mountains with some "government types". I shot an unbelievably large bear. The day I was supposed to leave, an unexpected bill of 25,000 euros was presented to me for "extras" as the bear was a "gold medal bear". To tell the story of being sequestered for 20 hours without passports until finally contacting Bucharest for a government intervention, is another story. Was questioning whether I would make it home.

I have also hunting the CZ Republic for pheasant. A great experience, food drink and people were as nice as Russia.
JZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geno and HD it looks like the hate is on this side of the pond and I don't think he has much following.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think a lot of us here in the US had the impression that people in Russia had no guns and that the government came and took them away from everyone. Was this true at one time, Geno? And what will happen if NATO has a world wide ban on guns and your government tries to take everyone's guns away? Is there any chance of that happening? How will everyone feel about that?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
what will happen if NATO has a world wide ban on guns

Well... I guess in that case our government would announce free sale of all weapons up to big-bore machine guns. Just because.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.