May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hammergun, Fudd, 1 invisible), 304 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,707
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

LOL....Joe Walsh???? JOE WALSH????

OK. Here is the list of top guitar players of all time. The first two are your, the next two are mine, then someone else can chip in.

1) Joe Walsh
2) Eric Clapton
3) Frank McGersky
4) Madonna

Sidelock
Sidelock

John Williams and Christopher Parkening - both Maestro Andres Segovia's students!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cocaine- she don't lie, etc. Eric is an extremely versatile guitarist, se and hear his Unplugged CD cut in Limey-Land about 10 years ago- he plays both classic style guitar, acoustic (Martin 00-M) slide (open G tuning-looks like a Dobro but round neck and he only used a flat pick) and two sets with a 12 string (also a Martin). Best all around guitarist-well, Eric was headed out West and heard Stevie Ray Vaughn doing his "Texas Flood" and had the driver stop at a pay phone (SRV died in 1990) and he called his manager, gave him the station call letters and said "Who is this guitarist-he blew me away?" Also add Bonnie Raitt, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker and "Doc" Watson, amongst many greats. I win the big multi-million buck jackpot in the PowerBall or Mega- two places I can go to spend it on high end "goodies": Elderly's in Lansing- the Martin guitar mecca of the USA, and of course, Puglisi's gun Empire up in "Dylan's North Country" where the wind blows heavy on the borderline.
Clapton wrote a little known song besides "Tears In Heaven" about the tragic death due to a fall in NYC of his, at that time. 4 year old son- yes, Tears In Heaven comes to mind- but as they had been together at a Circus in the Madison Square Garden earlier that day, he also wrote "Circus came to Town Today" afterwards. Amazing to me, as a serious guitarist (I have three older D seies Martins) that Clapton kept on tour-and didn't revert to his early days of heavy drug usage after that tragic loss. Only thing I don't like about "Mr. Slow Hand" is his sstealing George Harrison's wife Patty Boyd from his friend. Goes against the "guy code"..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you ask me Eric turned soft. In the early years he had an edge. Now he doesn't seem to have it. Maybe with too many Purdy's for the gun room you loose that edge. I should be real edgy!

Boxlock
Boxlock

EGADS! That is some engraving.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
The gentlemen around Eric prolly frowned on those not so subtle gun scratchins

I don't doubt it. Here's something to chew on. As for the meager, I'm having a custom Ithaca Model 37 (Sandusky OH) presently being built and had arranged to have the receiver case color hardened at Turnbull's subsequent to Ithaca's contract engraver doing the stock receiver scenes. Why? Silly visions of English driven pheasant shoots and such and such, with a PUMP no less - actually I don't know why now. Anyway, Yes, Turnbull can do C11 L17 steel and i have a photo of the one example of an M37 receiver they turned out for an ex-president of a known company some years ago (the resultant finished gun was "odd," so i am told). Well, when Ithaca's contract engraver heard my plans, he and I had a frank discussion and I decided to honor the more traditional and stick with a regular factory blue instead of the color. With deeper thought during the conversation, I volunteered offering to respect the engraver's moral right, that intellectual property right in the manner of the French "Droit au Respect de l' Oeuvre." Ultimately, I admit my original desire was dimwitted and not at all going with my traditional sense, however, I was greatly tempted but took the wiser route. I'll be much happier. But then again, if I could play guitar well enough, then ......

Sidelock
Sidelock

What happened to Jimi Hendrix?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh well, he's one of the most overrated guitar players of all time anyway.

Say what? I have a massive blues collection and can safely say the great guitarist do not play riffs, they make the axe sing. My top 5
Jimi Hendrix.. listen to his blues stuff
Stevie Ray .. Could not read music, so he made it up.
Buddy guy .. buy his album sweet tea and make yourself a drink
Eric clapton . His blues stuff sets his style apart
Eddie Van Halen. He can make a guitar talk

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eric Clapton? Isn't he the guy who sang, "Midnight At The Oasis"?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope- that was Marian Muldear I believe. Good to see we have some blues musicians on this website. Clapton's version of the Jimmy Cox 1921 Prohibition era song "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out" is a number one fave- Clapton did it in C-using the circle of fifths progression- C-E7-A7-Dm- etc- with the "walk-up" from C to B7-F-A-D-G- I learned another riff for that classic- in D- same great song either way.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 10/20/08 03:51 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.