April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, bushveld, 67galaxie, eeb), 745 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A local fellow brought by a Mod 21 Skeet 20 ga today. I am not a M-21 guy so I really do not know the pricing. And to further the confusion, it has been re-blued by Nick Makinson about 15 years ago. The job looks top notch to me. It maybe had a few boxes of shells run through it, but the condition is right up there. Could anyone give me an idea of a wholesale and retail price? It is marked SKEET on the bottom of the frame, choked s1 & s2, beautiful wood, checked butt, sst.

Thanks for your consideration,

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 20 is worth a lot. Around 4 grand to start off with. There was a nice one (20 gauge) around here a few weeks ago, boxed, at a show. The guy got talked down to $3500.00. But yours is a skeet- original with sk1 and sk2 barrels. That makes it worth a lot more. So, I am thinking (ballpark figure) $4500.00 to $6000.00 for starters. Depends on the condition, configuration and what the market will bear. You might get a little more and maybe a little less.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you Jimmy. When you say configuration I assume you are talking about things such as a straight grip, beaver tail fore end, ejectors, with single selective trigger and checkered butt? Which is what it has. So I guess I'm asking how does this configuration affect the price. Also, the wood is killer. But, the gun does not have a box.

Thanks again,

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Instead of asking how configuration affects the price which leads to an almost unlimited discourse, the best thing to do is to let one know the exact configuration, pictures are a must at the minimum for even a ball park estimate as refinishing varies considerably and whether or not the gun is in its original configuration. SKEET M21's have specific attributes if a gun from stock and not a custom order. There is also the difference between SKEET grade and a M21 SKEET which is a little more subtle in that a SKEET grade was a pricier version while the first SKEET model had 26" barrels as standard.
Actual choke measurements, chamber measurements and possible barrel wall measurements should be made. Stock dim's would also have a lot to do with whether just purchased and coveted or actually used. SKEET M21's were also used and advertized by Winchester as the perfect upland gun as well as target guns.
BTFE, ejecters, SST and checkered butt, are all attributes of a SKEET M21 which could be had with either pistol or straight grip.
So, in short, your gun could vary from say 4-5K to possibly 8K but it all depends on much more information and pictures plus in the final analysis, actual evaluation. Initially sounds like a nice 20 gauge M21 in a desirable configuration.-Dick

Last edited by Dick_dup1; 09/27/08 06:18 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A box won't matter that much, Timothy. What I meant by configuration is: what the people in your area like best about the gun. Normally, the checkered buttstock should bring more money than one with a pad. But some people in your area might like a pistol grip more than a straight grip. Then others might not. It depends on what the people in your area like best.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Dick.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sadly these guns are worth less now then 2-3 years ago. The guys that stole $ from the people of United States buy new Hollands, Purdeys, Fabbris,..... They are not Winchester boys.
I really like this fine Winchester gun and will proly buy local one (12ga 28" 1/4-3/4 choke, sfe, pgs, sst, rojo Winnie pad) that has been collecting dust for number of months. Sadly current owner will have to waint til huntin' season is over.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have not seen where 21 prices have ever gone down. Skeet shooters around here would much rather buy a 21 than a H&H, Purdey or Fabbri for shooting skeet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Galazan has bunches of M21's on his website. I can't vouch for their originality, but by the asking prices, they're really proud of them

Sidelock
Sidelock

Galazan's prices are up there, for sure. Yup, many are refinished. I note that he's particularly fond of adding pads.

I sold my 12 ga '21s. But 20s are special. Last week I turned down $6k cash for one of my skeet guns - a nice original condition gun with honest wear. A "day two fools met" story? Perhaps. I like the gun, have killed alot of birds with it, not to mention a 99 or two. WS1/WS2 is a really sweet 20 ga combination.

And my son really likes it.

Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.