May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (JDH, Argo44, 1 invisible), 1,122 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,538
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DRM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I like the smaller gauges and have been thinking more and more about getting a 24 ga and a 32ga side by side, to just have and really just fill in the blanks so to speak. But I rarely ever even see them for sale here in the U.S. on any of the three major gun sales sites (GA, GI, GB).

Gunbroker now has a French "Faure LePage" on, but it hasn't met reserve yet at $1500, and as I don't know what the reserve is nor what it might be worth, nor have I ever purchased a vintage double before, I am in very unfamiliar waters.

I don't really need a collector gun per se, nor do I want to spend $4,000+ at the few U.S. makers who will make one for you.

Any idea where I might look for/locate reasonably priced used examples of these, or is anyone importing new models in these gauges?

Thanks,

Dave

Sidelock
Sidelock

I go through phases wanting something different every few months. Earlier this year the 24 gauge phase came around again just before the hammer gun phase. I contacted the seller about the gun you mentioned and I believe he said his reserve was around $4k. I bid on is once or twice before contacting him but his idea and mine of where that gun should be priced were considerably different. If you were interested in an O/U you might find one from Beretta. Not many were made but there were some. American Arms imported an inexpensive gun called the Silver not too many years back and I probably see as many of those as anything else, although comparatively the number of them seen is still very few. That isn't ever going to be an heirloom but they don't sell for too much and it would allow you to get your feet wet. I haven't considered a 32 but with the 24 being limited to a 2 1/2" shell isn't going to offer much to many shooters. Fiocchi imports shells and I'm sure others do also but I don't think have seen listings from Winchester, Remington, or Federal. Lack of available ammo won't help with popularity either. I have a hard enough time walking into any of my local stores and finding a box of 16 gauge shells.

Skip

Sidelock
Sidelock

You might try John Boyd at Quality Arms. He posts here as Arrietta2. He has imported some of these guns in the past.

HTH, sv

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.