April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aren't personal messages what PMs are for?

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Don, now we can send Christmas cards, birthday cards, we'll guess the month, this way you will receive lots of them, and our junk mail with your return address.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

look on the bright side, Don. now Ted Schefelbein can sleep better since he knows your name and address, not having to wonder exactly who "ole cowboy" is when he reads your posts.

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not really happy Don- I'm confused. But real guys admit when they are wrong, and apparently I was- I sometimes have that half Mick/redheaded stepchild way of looking at things- some of the guys on this BBS (including Host Dave Weber, who I think properly "reigned me in a bit" on my Catholic based jokes a while back-Dean Romig and Tim Sheldon and Destry Huffard-have come to know and accept that as a part of my "personna"> I meant no offense, and I am a computer "putz"-Hell, took me a month to figure out how to read a PM on this site- "Red Flag UP?"" I won this book, trivia contest in the WW11 magazine I subscribe to- I am going to send it to you "One Way" gratis- with a new listing from the Military Book Club (sorry- I used the order form, but they have an 800 Toll free number) and I will included with my order a replacement copy- As a Vet. (possible you are) and a Member of the VFW- once you and your friends have read it, perhaps you'd care to donate to the Post in your area- your call!
And for those who wonder about Patton- read the great "Intel" story about him and how he and his Col. Koch predicted the "Battle of the Bulge" while Ike, Bradley, Beedle Smith, Monty and others sat back "fat, dumb and happy" expecting maybe Hitler and Fat-Boy Goring to waltz in HQ waving a whiet flag as a Xmas present, whilst singing "Oh Tannenbaum"--It is the Nov. 2007 issue- Enjoy the book, and please accept my apology=anyone who thinks highly of Patton (I revere him, and I was Airborne, not Armored) stands tall in my outlook. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well. I confused too. You must have a E-mail address. How else do you post here? Why couldn't you E-mail me for your E-mail?
As far as the PMs here are concerned, hell I still haven't understood how to make them work. I sent two to you, or at least I thought I did. Have not received any.

Vet? Yes I am. June 1968 to June 1970. BTW, Thank you for you service.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lock and Load on that Don-Thanks to all Vets. Will ship you the book and a MBC order for tomorrow 15/Sept- should be there by Friday- Sorry if I "yanked the chain" as Bro. Lowell G. often alludes to doing on this site- wasn't meant to annoy you-shoot, I love Texas- all my ex-'s and their Rolex and Lexus (s) and Waylon and Willie-I have a better understanding of what makes women do what they do than I do this Internet- maybe the rumor is really true- Al Gore did invent it- (careful here- he did serve in Vietnam).. All the best RWTF!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don,
How did you hold out on the draft that long? They got me and a bunch of friends Dec.15, 1965-Nov.30,1967. I was 7 months past my 18th birthday. Spent 13 months in Germany as an MP (got lucky) and was able to do some hunting over there for pheasant, Hungarian partridge, mallards, some teal and hares (10 lbss. ) killed all of them with a Rem. 11-48 25" imp.cyl. (had already shipped a 20 ga. Winchester 101 home when they first came out in 1966. Still have both.)

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jack maloney
Aren't personal messages what PMs are for?

Maybe instead of trying to be the PM police, you should consider what's wrong with trying to get a free plug for your book. Dave DOES accept paid sponsors who have things to sell.

> Jim Legg <

Maybe instead of trying to be the signature police, Jim, you should consider running to Dave with your complaint - I'm sure he'll know how to handle it.

Meanwhile, board members are free to visit my website, watch a fun video, listen to music by one of Scotland's top folk harpists, read a good story, learn about the Highlands, find links to other Scottish sites and more. Free sample, no charge, simply for your enjoyment.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.