doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jtplumb 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/19/23 08:28 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/992274824
Interesting, I opened up the bid so they wouldn’t sell it out the back door but it’s still cheap so far.
I dont shoot very well with barrels that short but I would have tried at less than 6k.
Can’t decide if it’s flying under the radar or engraving and short barrels aren’t very enticing?
Guys bidding so far don’t look like you guys only a couple purchases under their belts.
HEADS UP!
Posted By: canvasback Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/19/23 09:52 PM
Current bid is $15,000 plus.

Barnett had a Diamond Regent 16 gauge about 7 years ago with an asking price of $16,500 but it's barrels were 26" sk/sk. Only 10 serial numbers apart so made very close together in time.

This may be heresy but I have decided I don't like the look of the Diamond Regent guns. Don't like the gold inlays. Makes it easier to watch them go by! Hahaha!
Posted By: Jtplumb Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/19/23 10:00 PM
I agree, have seen much more handsome engraving on lesser grades. Though it is highest grade of the bunch.
Posted By: canvasback Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/19/23 10:04 PM
Sold at $15,075

Turns out I know the guy who came second in the auction. He was at my place for the weekend last week.
Posted By: Jtplumb Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/19/23 10:05 PM
I feel better now!
Posted By: eightbore Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/20/23 08:11 AM
I would like to have a chance at that gun. I would hope that the buyer would change his mind.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/20/23 02:20 PM
Best of the Best, being the Pinnacle of Perfektion. 2nd Series having Belts & Braces with Witten tube steel by Johann Gottgetreu Werner of Suhl( he waled it out of bar stock):

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=445562&page=all

with the tubeset knitter being Robert Schlegelmilch.

I do wonder what the significance of the Duck surmounted by a Crown, both in Gold(on the floorplate)??

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Gunwolf Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/20/23 04:09 PM
Raimey, It is a regency crown and probably just stands for the model name!?

Waihei, Wolfgang
Posted By: ellenbr Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/21/23 12:46 AM
Um, Novel Idea.....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: AGS Re: 16ga Lindner Regent - 06/21/23 01:59 PM
I've got to admit, for me, that gun is a little over the top and the stock looks to have been around the block. The thing that inerested me was that the seller has thousands of ratings yet only has around a dozen current listings. Outside of a nice .500 Smith and Wesson and a maybe desireable Marlin lever gun, all his listings are for $100 .22 rifles and single shotguns and a few $200 pump guns etc. Seems odd. I look at GB twice a day and watch about anything interesting and have never seen the seller.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com