doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Northeaster german o/u rifle - 06/02/23 12:19 PM
I have a o/u rifle outside hammer made by J J Reeb lh lock is out of time hammer too far forward looked inside lots of parts for a simple back lock .looking for repair suggestion or a competent smith to work on it it .
Posted By: Der Ami Re: german o/u rifle - 06/02/23 02:24 PM
Northeaster,
We would all like to see photos of the rifle, if you can manage it. The first thing that came to mind was the possibility that it was improperly assembled with the hammer rotated too far forward. If removing the hammer and reinstalling it rotated a quarter circle backward doesn't work, I suggest you entrust it to Larry Schuknecht at Dutchman Wood Works, or New England Custom Guns for adjustment/repair.
Mike
Posted By: Northeaster Re: german o/u rifle - 06/03/23 10:38 PM
Der Ami, I'm new at this and old not sure how to post photos i would love to share them. the hammer is about3/16 to a 1/4 inch forward enough that it hit the shield around the firing pin and put a small crack in it cosmetic only .the firing pins are missing when I make new ones I would have to shorten the left one or the hammer would just touch it . the rh hammer rebounds a considerable distance and the left not as far. nick
Posted By: Der Ami Re: german o/u rifle - 06/04/23 01:24 PM
Nick,
You seem to have more than the one problem you described. I suggest you contact Larry Schuknecht. You should call up his website, Dutchman Wood Works, to see what he does, and you can find his contact info there.
Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com