doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ellenbr GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 11:43 AM
Terrible news to our merry band. Due to the unauthorized use of a katalog foto on Dietrich Apel's Website, a collection agency of sorts with a heavy hand is pursuing stout compensation for the full time of unlicensed use. So Larry has really no other option but to totally shutdown the website temporarily to weigh his options. More than likely Larry will not revive it & may leave it to younger researchers to pick up the ball & run with it???

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 11:50 AM
So I suggest you continually gaze at it till it expires.......

https://www.germanhuntingguns.com/

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 01:21 PM
Just to clarify, the issue @ its core is over a foto from a Maker's Katalog. Even though one may obtain permission of use from the firearms maker who issued the katalog, the photog who captured image has overriding authority. Evidently it is the photog's intellectual property??

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: AGS Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by ellenbr
Just to clarify, the issue @ its core is over a foto from a Maker's Katalog. Even though one may obtain permission of use from the firearms maker who issued the katalog, the photog who captured image has overriding authority. Evidently it is the photog's intellectual property??

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

It depends on governing country. In the US, any work done for hire is the property of the company buying the service under most agreements. If the picture is purchased from a stock photo agency, it would normally be restricted to a specific use. It is unlikely a company would use a stock photo for a catalog picture of a specific product. The determining fact would depend on the original license or work agreement between the photographer and company. Either one could hold the rights to third party use of the material.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 02:56 PM
I also got the email from Larry that Raimey did, but my "security" tagged it as "Spam". I sent him an Email through the Dutchman woodworks site. I am hoping it can be saved, it is a very valuable site for research.
Mike
Posted By: Der Ami Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 03:39 PM
I just got an answer back from Larry and he confirmed his email was genuine and not SPAM. The site has been put into maintenance mode while he is trying to find out what is happening and what to do.
Mike
Posted By: Jtplumb Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 06:13 PM
Wonderful site and he obviously tried to do the rite thing by contacting Merkel prior to using image. Let me know if his site has a fund my lawyer page?
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 09:33 PM
Yeah, that Go-Fund-Me is a great idea.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Jtplumb Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/24/23 09:41 PM
Anyone know how to set up a way to use PayPal type payment to help him?
Posted By: mc Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/25/23 10:50 PM
Yes don't use PayPal,there are other more friendly sites
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GermanHuntingGuns - To be Shutdown - 05/26/23 11:35 PM
Just to update the couple that are following along, the >>Repo Foto<< concern receives an image or set of images from a client via request, then they upload said images & scan the ole internet. When there is a correlation, a consultation with the client is organized and a search is performed for permission of use. Upon the client's direction, the concern then sends the user a Nasty-Gram asking for a stout non-compliance fee plus an additional fee to use the foto for the cycle of the coming year. After that is a hard date that you must take action & send payment. All pretty much a bluff to get you to capitulate and send them easy money without litigation, which they do not seem to have a proper legal team.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: GermanHuntingGuns - Not To be Shutdown - 06/08/23 11:34 AM
Germanhuntingguns is back online...... Issues resolved...

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com