doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Old No7 Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/10/20 08:54 PM
Hi all, Waidmannsheil.

I emailed "Heym USA" for an owner's manual for a Heym 22S "Bockbüchsflinte" Combination Gun (a nice l'il 20 ga over .222 Rem is what I'm getting) and they said they didn't have one for this discontinued model, the 22S double-trigger model.

Very disappointing...

Does anyone have any scans or a PDF of this, bitte?

Vielen Dank.

Old No7

Posted By: skeettx Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/11/20 01:45 AM
NO
but good reading here

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/heym-arms/22s-ou-double-rifle
Posted By: canvasback Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/11/20 02:44 PM
Try Cornell Publications. They have thousands and thousands of catalogue and manual reprints.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/11/20 04:48 PM
Old No7,
I don't have an "Owners" manual like those furnished with new American guns now, because of todays lawsuits; and it is possible they didn't have one. One of the features of these guns that is sometimes misunderstood is that you can't fire both barrels without cocking the gun again. It has only one "lock" and a selector to choose which barrel fires. Therefore, if you fire the rifle barrel, you have to open the action to re-cock the lock before you can shoot the shotgun. This gun was pretty popular when I lived and hunted in Germany because it was economical, the .222Rem was a popular caliber for Roe Deer, and the 20 ga was adequate for occasional small game. Because of extraction problems with this model gun, Heym asked DWM to develop a rimmed version of the .222 Rem. Mag. The result was the 5.6x50R, a great caliber and one of my favorites. T & G Gun Imports, Mobile Alabama has one of these guns in stock, they may accidently have a manuel.
Mike
Posted By: Old No7 Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/12/20 01:49 PM
Wunderbar, thanks Mike.

Old No7
Posted By: HalfaDouble Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/13/20 01:09 AM
Why would a double rifle have 2 triggers if there was only one striker? A single trigger that required selecting the barrel to be fired (by moving the striker) and then recocking makes more sense for a double with a single striker. Still strikes me as odd.
Posted By: Old No7 Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/13/20 01:29 AM
My guess is Set Triggers: the rear trigger "sets" the front, for a lighter pull for the rifle -- while the front trigger could be pulled without the rear being set, but with a heavier pull, for the shotgun.

Old No7
Posted By: HalfaDouble Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/13/20 03:32 PM
I don't see the sear engagement screw for a set trigger in the picture.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/13/20 04:19 PM
HalfaDouble,
If it has one( some become lost) the adjustment screw would be between the triggers, they are sometimes hard to see in photos. I understand the confusion because of having 2 barrels and 2 triggers with only I striker. On the other hand it would also be confusing to have a selector if there were two strikers.
Mike
Posted By: HalfaDouble Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/16/20 06:04 AM
Not if there was only a single trigger;-)
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 02/16/20 10:30 PM
HalfaDouble,
Your original question was pertaining to a double with 2 triggers.
Mike
Posted By: AndyE Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 09/06/20 09:04 PM
Hi Old No7
I have an original 22s manual that I could copy and mail to you if you could send me your address.
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Heym 22S Owners Manual Wanted - 03/23/24 03:13 AM
I just bought a Heym 22F is 20 ga /222. I think the rear trigger is to cock the lock and the front trigger fires it. I'm not sure that opening the action cocks it. Mine has an extractor problem which may be a separate issue.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com