doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: R. Marshall Blaser 830/Ultimate Rifle - 11/05/19 01:16 PM
I bought one of these a month or so ago. It came with the case, 2 barrels one in .270 and the other in .243. It also came with the proper magazines and two sets of scope rings. Does anyone know if the rings are matched to a certain barrel? I did notice one of the front rings has the .243 serial number stamped on it.

I have always liked this design along with the Mauser 66.

Posted By: Der Ami Re: Blaser 830/Ultimate Rifle - 11/05/19 02:14 PM
R. Marshall,
I doubt very much that the rings per se would be matched to a barrel. On the other hand, it is highly possible that once a scope is mounted and sighted to a particular barrel, it could have been marked to ID which barrel it went to. Since there are only two barrels, rings w/o marks are effectively ID'd to the second barrel. This is all a guess, but it makes sense to me.
Mike
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Blaser 830/Ultimate Rifle - 11/28/19 01:01 AM
These mounts were made by Recknagel for Blaser. You can still buy most of the parts today from Recknagel. The exception is the front ring and the barrel-mounted socket. They are custom items specifically for this model. But within this model they interchange. I have 5-6 sets of front rings with barrel -mounted sockets and about 15 rear rings if you need spares. They came from the old Blaser importer Harold Hayes.
Posted By: R. Marshall Re: Blaser 830/Ultimate Rifle - 12/04/19 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Vol423
These mounts were made by Recknagel for Blaser. You can still buy most of the parts today from Recknagel. The exception is the front ring and the barrel-mounted socket. They are custom items specifically for this model. But within this model they interchange. I have 5-6 sets of front rings with barrel -mounted sockets and about 15 rear rings if you need spares. They came from the old Blaser importer Harold Hayes.

Thanks Vol423 for the info. The guy that owned it before me was a little heavy with the screwdriver on these mounts and the screws are pretty bad.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com