doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: OBXEJC Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/06/16 06:12 PM
Í have acquired a German Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun and from what I have been told they were invented in 1899 and about 100 were produced in the early 1920s. If anyone has any additional info I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted By: ellenbr Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/06/16 07:46 PM
What a contraption. Ooddles on info in GGCA publications. You should consider joining and ordering the back issue. Permit me to see which issue.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: OBXEJC Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/09/16 12:11 AM
I would really appreciate it and I will look into joining. Thanks
Posted By: jlb Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/11/16 02:09 PM
Please show me how this wonderful "contraption" functions. I assume that it works via recoil, cocking the mechanism and rotating the shell holder. Am I right? Is the device in the lower photo the charging bar?

jlb
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/11/16 03:10 PM

GGCA Volume 4, Nr. 4 @ page 12

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/11/16 08:03 PM
Even better: it's a 16 gauge.

Seriously, though. Be careful which states you take it into. That appears to qualify as an illegal assault firearm under New Jersey law (which I'm familiar with) and might under Maryland law (which I'm not familiar with, but which probably bans "street sweeper" type shotguns, i.e. those with a rotary magazine). As a semi-auto, even moreso.
Posted By: OBXEJC Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/12/16 11:39 AM
Thanks so much for posting the article, I have this on loan from the heirs of the WWII vet who brought it back in his duffle bag. Yes, it's a 16ga. 2 1/2" shells.
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/12/16 12:48 PM
Isn't that awesome!

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/18/16 04:22 PM
We need a youtube of this thing in action.
Posted By: jlb Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 05/19/16 04:04 AM
A slow motion youtube video would be wonderful!

jlb
Are the bottle necked shells unique in the shotgun world?

SRH
Posted By: Rd Show Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 06/17/16 02:26 AM
I believe the the rod is the ejector for fired cases, like the colt single action. Rich
Posted By: LouG16 Re: Becker semi-auto revolving shotgun - 06/26/16 06:44 PM
If you don't already have it, the U.S. Patent on the Becker shotgun is number 1,487,722, issued 25 March 1924. It describes in detail how the gun works, of course.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com