doublegunshop.com - home
Trade mark is Hubertus- as on water table Nitro Steel barrels, ejectors, Purdey style underbites, Kersten top bolt, DT 16- 65mm chambers- Top rib script not 100% clear- looks like Kahn Garten Bernel?? post 1952 German proof marks, top safety with DRGM inscribed on tang, visible when safety slide is in the rearward position- 28% 1/4" (aprox.) barrels using USA scale- metric of course- Any idea as to maker- 5 digit serial number- Danke- Der Fuchs
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=243249

As said above

Hubertus was manufactured in Soviet occupied Suhl, East German in the 1950s. They are well made arms, typical of the Suhl gun makers. At that time Hubertus was producing side by side and over/under shotguns and drillings. These firearms were barred from entry into the USA unless they were stamped "Germany Soviet Occupied" Source, Side by Side of the World for Y2K. Hope this helps!
Francis:
I'd say it was for sure pre-WWII and possibly made between the Wars and a Imm. Meffert being 72cm in length. Forward me any images & I'll post them.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Raimey,
Note, it has post 1952 proof marks.
Mike
Nah, I think they are reading out of the back of a Blue-book. Images will ferret out the demon.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
VERY unlikely a DRGM marked gun being post-WW2. DRGM = Deutsches Reichs-Gebrauchsmuster = registered and protected design expired after only 3 years, rarely renewed for another 3. From 1951 to 1974 the Suhl, GDR proofhouse again used marks very similar to the old, pre-1940 ones. This leads to lots of erroneous datings.
Axel,
I agree, I stopped reading when I saw 1952. It would still be better with photos as Raimey requested.
Mike
I agree also- I can't get the images the owner sent me recently to download into a file on my computer- so, as I have Raimey's bellsouth (Southern Belles?) e-mail, I'll send a e-mail to the owner, and see if he will send them to Raimey, and then Raimey can perhaps post them here-Der Fuchs
I resemble that comment so send them on the to the Southern Belle.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Maybe the famed B-17 "The Memphis Belle" perchance- quite a story about the WW11 "Flying Fortress"- Raimey, I sent an e-mail to my friend Brad Cole, who has this 16 Hubertus shotgun-- please advise if you receive them from him and are able to post them for us . Der Fuchs-
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com