doublegunshop.com - home
Here's my recently acquired 9.3x62 Husqvarna model 246. I was looking for a few used brass cases and some kind forum members helped me out. I have several double rifles in 9.3 caliber, but don't have a bolt action. I don't have it in hand yet, but look forward to shooting this rare beauty.

As always your comments are welcome ......

[Linked Image from buckstix.com]
Looks a dandy! Wouldn’t mind a Lyman 35 for one of my own.
Picture link appears broken.
Buckstix,
That’s a beautiful rifle! I especially like the 24 inch barrel combined with the peep. Nice long sight radius. I prefer lightly figured wood too. I’m not familiar with the term “antioxid barrel”. (Can anyone explain that term?)

Thank you for sharing it with us. Let us know how it shoots.
Originally Posted by gunmaker
Hello Aaron,
That's one of the reasons I bought the rifle. I've seen those Lyman Bolt Stop mounted sights bring over $250 on eBay.
Originally Posted by earlyriser
I’m not familiar with the term “antioxid barrel”. (Can anyone explain that term?)
Hello,
antioxid is a type of "stainless steel". It has slightly higher nickel and chromium content than regular barrel steel.
That's rather tasty, in a restrained way. Make a proper meadow vole defence cabin rifle, that.

I'm a push-over for barrel-band swivel mounts. Needed or not, I find they add a certain gravitas, aesthetically; a statement of intent.
The 9.3x62 is a world class cartridge, generally allowed as an exception for dangerous game in those former British possessions that set a .375 Minimum. At the same time, it destroys less meat in a small deer size animal than a 243, and works as well on them with cast bullets as with jacketed ones (also you can make cases from 30-06).
Mike
Still haven't gotten the picture.
Mike I had the same issue with seeing the pics. BUT I did manage to see them by jumping thru a couple hoops.

1. Go to the first posting and click on "quote" for a reply.
2. That will take you to the reply page.
3. Now you can see the actual Link to the pictures. Copy the Link and Paste in your browse and this will take you to the pics.

I know it's a bit of hassle but buckstix seems to struggle with posting pics. The rifle is not bad and at least it isn't one of those gaudy fish hook pistol grip stocks normally shown. Good Luck
Originally Posted by LRF
Mike I had the same issue with seeing the pics. BUT I did manage to see them by jumping thru a couple hoops.

1. Go to the first posting and click on "quote" for a reply.
2. That will take you to the reply page.
3. Now you can see the actual Link to the pictures. Copy the Link and Paste in your browse and this will take you to the pics.

I know it's a bit of hassle but buckstix seems to struggle with posting pics. The rifle is not bad and at least it isn't one of those gaudy fish hook pistol grip stocks normally shown. Good Luck

That is a nice rifle and not what I expected. I had not bothered to try to fish up the photos this time, but had I known what it was, I would have made the effort. Husky made some nice guns which still surprised me given the diversity of things they make/made. The Swedish version of Yamaha I guess.
Originally Posted by LRF
I know it's a bit of hassle but buckstix seems to struggle with posting pics.

Buckstix does not struggle with posting pics. I upload them to my web page server and address the location in my postings. Seems like MOST people have no difficulty with seeing my posted pics - on this site or the many other forums where post pics. (as referenced by the comments of viewers) I would suggest the issue may be with the individuals methods of viewing - perhaps on smart phones or computers with incompatible viewing.
Originally Posted by buckstix
Originally Posted by LRF
I know it's a bit of hassle but buckstix seems to struggle with posting pics.

Buckstix does not struggle with posting pics. I upload them to my web page server and address the location in my postings. Seems like MOST people have no difficulty with seeing my posted pics - on this site or the many other forums where post pics. (as referenced by the comments of viewers) I would suggest the issue may be with the individuals methods of viewing - perhaps on smart phones or computers with incompatible viewing.

Actually, no. They won't view on a phone nor a computer running Chrome - probably the most generic browser around. I suspect your personal server is the issue since so many have issues with your pictures and only your pictures. Of course, this is nearly neolithic-age forum software, which does not help.
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Actually, no. They won't view on a phone nor a computer running Chrome - probably the most generic browser around. I suspect your personal server is the issue since so many have issues with your pictures and only your pictures. Of course, this is nearly neolithic-age forum software, which does not help.

NOT SO .... I have thousands of posted photos over the last 20 years with pictures uploaded to my Microsoft web page server. BUCKSTIX.COM

type the words - buckstix & forum - on GOOGLE IMAGE to see - then click "see more anyway" at the bottom of the page ... buckstix forum images on google image

This forum seems to have the most difficulty .. I never had a single issue with pictures on the Accurate Reloading Forum or Nitro Express Forum or Africa Hunting Forum, etc. etc. Not sure why "SOME" Double Gun members have problems, and others don't.
Come through just fine on Firefox. Classic browser for classic guns;-) Love the rifle. Also love 9.3s. Have a 9.3x57 small ring Mauser, a 9.3x74R German single, and 2 Husqvarnas (a single and a combo) in 9.3x57R (360).
I thought it was because I'm computer illiterate, at least I can see the others. I've seen a lot of rifles; it won't kill me if I don't see a few more.
Mike
Originally Posted by HalfaDouble
Come through just fine on Firefox. Classic browser for classic guns;-)

Glad to hear that. Most fellow forum members have no problem viewing my pictures.
Originally Posted by HalfaDouble
Come through just fine on Firefox. Classic browser for classic guns;-) Love the rifle. Also love 9.3s. Have a 9.3x57 small ring Mauser, a 9.3x74R German single, and 2 Husqvarnas (a single and a combo) in 9.3x57R (360).

Not showing on Brave or Firefox for me, but I followed used the quote suggestion and saw the nice rifle.

Originally Posted by buckstix
Originally Posted by gunmaker
Hello Aaron,
That's one of the reasons I bought the rifle. I've seen those Lyman Bolt Stop mounted sights bring over $250 on eBay.

Your pricing is outdated. Complete 35s will bring over $500 now. There is an incomplete one on eBay now for $375.
Pictures don't show up for me either, and I usually never have an issue viewing pictures. But I used Lynn's advice and it took me to 24 Hour Campfire site and I could see them there fine, so something to do with this site maybe?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com