doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SKB .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 02/16/23 11:28 PM
A special gun came in for restoration and I thought some of you might enjoy seeing it. Single square bridge Oberndorf magnum action, letters as a extra finish gun from Holland. The story I heard was that it was owned by a wealthy family in the North East and Stored in an attic for years where rodents had urinated on it. I believe it, it was deeply pitted to say the least. I struck out what I could and the remainder was micro welded, then the engraving re-cut, rust blued finish.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After the metal was refinished

[img]https://i.imgur.com/p3oRKa6l.jpg[/img]
Posted By: earlyriser Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 02/17/23 12:24 PM
Steve,
That is impressive metal restoration. I love the lines and geometry of the stock. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 02/17/23 01:05 PM
That is pretty amazing. The microwelding and rebluing on the barrel and sling band looks perfect. I hope the owner really enjoys using this rifle. That is incredibly nice work.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 02/17/23 04:25 PM
Urinating on a Holland and Holland should be a "hanging offense", if not "drawing and quartering".
Mike
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 02/18/23 10:47 AM
It turned out very nice.
Posted By: CJ Dawe Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 02/18/23 02:14 PM
Well done Steve!
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 03/04/23 04:14 AM
Turned out fantastic. Looks even better in person. Pictures just does not do it justice.
Posted By: SKB Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 03/04/23 11:29 AM
I'm delighted that you are pleased with the work. A truly wonderful rifle, enjoy it!
Posted By: 1916XE Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 03/25/23 06:32 PM
There is something extra special about a British magazine rifle -that has been returned to its
former state of the 1920s or earlier.
John Taylor would gladly have taken delivery on this rifle.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: .375 H&H magnum Extra finish - 03/28/23 03:31 AM
I shot the rifle this week. Shoots as nice as it looks. I took along a sister rifle a 275 H&H magnum. We are fortunate to have companies like CH4D and Hawk bullet that still support the reloading dies and bullets to allow us to manufacture discontinued ammunition.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com