doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DanLH S-man update - 10/02/22 04:01 AM
A new S-man '03 rifle showed up on GB. While I was negotiating the price someone bought it at the buy-it-now. The interesting thing is that it was a NM '03 that was in the DCM sales book and the DCM sold it to a man in Chicago. This falls in line with Michael Petrov's thoughts that the S-man was from the Chicago area. The rifle has some initials on the PG which are not the initials of the original buyer of the rifle. My thought is that a later owner added the initials on the PG since I don't believe the quality of the carving is up to the S-man's standards, if you look at his oak leaf carving on some of his rifles you can see this. For those wanting to see this rifle, GB #947657769, if the buyer is on this forum, please let us know so he can look for clues when taking the metal out of the stock.
Posted By: 375whelenIMP Re: S-man update - 10/02/22 06:19 AM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947657769
Posted By: AGS Re: S-man update - 10/02/22 04:31 PM
I saw that gun, but wasn't really impressed by the condition or that ugly grip treatment. Metal work was minimal, and the killer was that someone looks to have glassbedded a crack bening the tang without doing anything about the crack itself.
Posted By: SKB Re: S-man update - 10/02/22 04:36 PM
I like it. It looks like a pretty easy restoration project to me, even with the crack behind the tang. With some cleaning and a bit of new oil I think the stock would be very pretty.
Posted By: mc Re: S-man update - 10/06/22 01:30 AM
That's a good looking gun, simple style
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com