doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Quarter rib - 10/06/21 09:31 PM
I would like to find a Dakota quarter rib for a Douglas #3 barrel. Other similar sizes may work. The usual sources have dried up.
Posted By: SKB Re: Quarter rib - 10/07/21 10:03 AM
You might try Ralph Martini, his are more patterned after the H&H style and usually cut for Krieger barrels but you might find something that will work for you.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Quarter rib - 10/07/21 11:41 PM
Martini says he doesn't make quarter ribs. I assume he means he doesn't make them except for his own work. It seems to me that the major barrel-makers might want to have ribs made for their contours and have them on hand. The demand may be small, but some good CNC shop should be able to grind them out at a fairly low cost. Another product I wish someone would take up is Biesen butt plates. There is no comparable one available to my knowledge, and I just used my last one.
Posted By: SKB Re: Quarter rib - 10/09/21 11:53 AM
I have bought quarter ribs from Ralph in the past, I did not know he was no longer offering them. Seems like a whole bunch of things that were on offer before the pandemic are going away never to be seen again. It is really becoming a challenge getting parts to build custom rifles. I have to make a quarter rib this winter for my own rifle, if you do not find one but then I can likely Make you one. I would not be able to get to it until February or so.
Steve
Posted By: LRF Re: Quarter rib - 10/09/21 10:41 PM
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Quarter rib - 10/09/21 10:55 PM
LRF,
Posted By: LRF Re: Quarter rib - 10/10/21 01:26 PM
Posted By: LRF Re: Quarter rib - 10/10/21 02:41 PM
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Quarter rib - 10/10/21 09:23 PM
I think this rib might work. Let me know a price. Thanks.
Posted By: LRF Re: Quarter rib - 10/11/21 12:16 AM
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Quarter rib - 10/11/21 06:01 PM
LRF, I can't reach you with a PM.
Posted By: LRF Re: Quarter rib - 10/12/21 10:18 AM
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Quarter rib - 10/29/21 12:25 AM
Martin Hagn has quarter ribs for his excellent single shot actions. Maybe he makes than for Ralf Martini. You can look him up in BC Canada.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com