doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: David Zincavage Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 09/30/21 03:38 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/911959602#
Posted By: Kutter Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 09/30/21 04:11 PM
Not all the pics came up on the auction link,,but the engraving on the floor plate/ trigger guard is certainly not anything close to what was originally on the rifle IMO.
The only other pic that shows is that of the front sight,,that engraving appears to be of quality .

Maybe there wasn't any engraving on the trigger guard/floor plate originally. Someone decided it was a good candidate to 'upgrade'.
Bad choice..
Posted By: mc Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/02/21 03:35 PM
That's not the best engraving it would have to go
Posted By: bushveld Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/02/21 05:29 PM
There are so much questionable about the appearance of this rifle that one could write a multi-page article of "look outs".

Stephen Howell
Posted By: 375whelenIMP Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/04/21 08:37 AM
Just to be clear it sounds like this is an Ardmore, Oklahoma Hoffman not one of the Texas or Cleveland guns.
Posted By: mc Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/04/21 11:07 PM
Is this an Ardmore gun?it really does not have the look except the engraving on the sight the stock has a more modern ,later style
Posted By: SKB Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/04/21 11:24 PM
more and better pics:

http://sportsmanslegacy.com/firearm...d-sleek-stock-lines-horn-tip-great-bore/
Posted By: mc Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/05/21 01:14 AM
I don't know the stock just didn't look like a Hoffman made in Ardmore the bottom metal is crap but I could be wrong
Posted By: SKB Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/05/21 10:48 AM
I would tend to agree. Trying to recall seeing a Hoffman sans cheek piece, I cannot.
Posted By: mc Re: Hoffman Springfield -- not cheap - 10/05/21 02:11 PM
Steve I looked up a bunch of Hoffman guns and you are correct .and the checkering and the stock has a sedgely look .the engraving on the floor plate is cartoonish this is a lot of money for this gun the engraving on the front sight is great I don't know what exactly it is.but I do own a Hoffman shotgun stocked by dubiel engraved by kornbrath on a webly screwgrip ejector action in Ardmore and this has none of the quality that mine has.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com