doublegunshop.com - home
How much difference, in today's Rifle market, is there between the first Weatherby rifles produced in Germany- and those made today- given the same caliber and condition. A friend is looking at a Weatherby BA in .340WB Mag- assume that was Roy WB's attempt to surpass the .338 Win Mag-- he wants a heavy calibre for bear in AK-- and yes, he knows how expensive the custom ammo for those WB rifles can be-- Thanks-- RWTF
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
How much difference, in today's Rifle market, is there between the first Weatherby rifles produced in Germany- and those made today- given the same caliber and condition. A friend is looking at a Weatherby BA in .340WB Mag- assume that was Roy WB's attempt to surpass the .338 Win Mag-- he wants a heavy calibre for bear in AK-- and yes, he knows how expensive the custom ammo for those WB rifles can be-- Thanks-- RWTF

But does he know how expensive reconstructive shoulder surgery and rehabilitation can be? smile
No-- but Magna-Porting might be an answer, along with milder hand loads??
No-- but Magna-Porting might be an answer, along with milder hand loads??

That's really funny,
He is enamored with the name, and the status associated, by some folks, with Weatherby-- sort of like that associated with: Rolex, Cartier, Zeiss, etc. I do not have either a .338 Win Mag, or any Weatherby calibers- biggest BA rifle in caliber is a G&H Mauser BA in .35 Whelen, biggest other actioned caliber rifle I own is a M71 in .348 Win--a real stopper, but like the Weatherby, ammo is expensive and hard to find, in a way, a bit like the .35Whelen.

I agree 100% about the Magna-Porting- most guides taking clients after dangerous game do NOT want a client using a ported Big Game rifle- due to the muzzle blast and the damage to the hearing- almost like being in a duck blind next to a hunter with Cutts Compensator equipped shotgun-- Deaf-City-- RWTF
...any Weatherby calibers- biggest BA rifle in caliber is a G&H Mauser BA in .35 Whelan, biggest other actioned caliber rifle I own is a M71 in .348 Win--a real stopper, but like the Weatherby's, ammo is expensive and hard to find, in a way, a bit like the .35Whelan.- RWTF

The man’s name is Whelen.
Potato-Potatoe. He's dead, I ain't- who gives a big rat's ass??
Mo Digger? Potato digger (nickname for the first develop MG by John M. Browning 1890's-- Sounds like the name of a black rap singer- "Mo Diggers"--so what do da swedes in Bob Dylan land call big heavy "Use enuf gun" rifles nowadays.??? RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com