doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jim Westberg New project - 11/22/18 01:05 AM
New project on the bench. Customer has a wonderful near new Fraser single shot action and a Gibbs Farquarson barrel which is also very nice with original blue and sights. Barrel is chambered for the .461 #2 cartridge. Interestingly, the barrel threads on the barrel are the same as the action but about .150” longer than the action. Fitting the barrel will basically only require taking off the existing extractor cut and the corresponding threads then recut the chamber and fit the Fraser extractor.
Found a nice piece of wood also. Will post updates from time to time.
Jim Westberg
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: New project - 11/22/18 01:24 AM
Bad link Jim.
Posted By: Jim Westberg Re: New project - 11/22/18 01:31 AM
Finally figured out how to post photos

[img:left]https://i.imgur.com/0j9JzhZ.jpg[/img

Posted By: james-l Re: New project - 11/22/18 01:39 AM
I get "error 404 (not found)
Posted By: SKB Re: New project - 11/22/18 10:40 AM
Shame considering all the Gibbs sporters in need of rebarreling. Two of them on my bench.
Posted By: LRF Re: New project - 11/22/18 11:18 AM
Jim, still getting the Bad Link 404 error
Sounds like a nice project. Is the Fraser newly made or a lightly used original?
Posted By: LRF Re: New project - 11/22/18 11:23 AM
Just a suggestion you might want to contact PhysDoc as he seems to be one of the few who is able to post pics without much trouble and has posted them for others to help out.
Posted By: Vall Re: New project - 11/22/18 05:36 PM
Looks like a somewhat busy action design.
Posted By: Cary Re: New project - 11/23/18 07:02 PM
I'm very much interested in this project in that I've read a few of your posts on other boards but I've never seen your work. Do you have a website?

Looking forward to seeing what you do and how you do it. By reputation, you're certainly one of the best and I learn a lot from seeing how you guys do it.

Thanks
Posted By: Huvius Re: New project - 11/24/18 04:51 PM
PM sent
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com