doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Silvers Sedgley Springfield WTB - 12/12/15 03:12 PM
Serious buyer wants an original and very nice Sedgley 1903 Springfield. 30/06 preferred but another deer hunting caliber would also be of interest. Please send me a PM or email with what have you to: silvers897(at)yahoo.com

I'll want to see good pics before going ahead with a buy but it would be great if you would give me a complete description and price wanted up front. Thanks gents! Commission to Dave of course.

Frank Silvers
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Sedgley Springfield WTB - 12/30/15 01:29 PM
The Cabelas' Gun Library in Grandville, MI has had one for a year- now in the sale rack category. As the grandkids gave me a Century Gift Certificate for Xmas, I will be visiting that store soon, and would be glad to appraise it for you- I believe that Cabelas will ship a Gun Library firearm to your closest Cabela's, for a $25.00 fee- then you can look it over yourself and decide. RWTF
Posted By: WBLDon Re: Sedgley Springfield WTB - 12/30/15 03:27 PM
RWTF is correct. Cabelas will ship to the nearest Gun Library and you are under no obligation to purchase. Just pay the $25, they call when it shows up (although it can take a couple of weeks at least that is my experience) and it is great. I just did this with a C. Hall SXS and it was a real benefit as I was able to negotiate a better price once I had the gun in hand and they saw I was actually interested and not a tire kicker.
WBLDon
Posted By: Vall Re: Sedgley Springfield WTB - 12/30/15 04:27 PM
Cabelas is good about negotiating once a gun is in stock over 60 days. Their policy wont allow sales people to negotiate prior to 60 days though.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Sedgley Springfield WTB - 12/30/15 11:14 PM
That's usually the rule on guns outside the Library priced under 1K- at least with the two stores here in MI--Dundee and Grandville. Usually the higher end items in the Gun Library run about 6 months to a full year before they hit the sale rack. Overbuying tells me one thing- most of their gun buyers are not the sharpest chisels in the pouch- with some exceptions-and they get stuck with overpriced guns that the cognoscenti will not touch-and sometimes their descriptions and miss-spelled nomenclature are really way out of touch with reality-IMO
Posted By: Vall Re: Sedgley Springfield WTB - 12/31/15 03:52 AM
Yes, I'm unsure how Cabelas stays profitable with their gun library. Their pricing is usually overpriced, and occasionally way underpriced! I recently bought 4 old Marlins at my local Cabelas and doubled my money on three of them, to have a beautiful Ballard for free!
Posted By: Silvers Re: Sedgley Springfield WTB - 01/02/16 02:02 AM
Thank you Fox and others. I will check it out.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com