doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: CJF Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 03/07/20 04:06 PM
I am curious if someone can point me in the direction of information and pictures on the reloading tools that would have been appropriate for an 1880's British (or Scottish) double rifle of the black powder express days.
Posted By: SKB Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 03/07/20 04:43 PM
lots of pics on google, just search cased Henry rifles.Same with the auction houses.
Posted By: KDGJ Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 03/07/20 06:49 PM
Unfortunately there is only one picture of the case however, this has to be a very nice complete set. BPE tools

Ken
Posted By: CJF Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 03/07/20 08:17 PM
Beautiful rifle in that auction. Thank you for sharing it. There's a tool in the lower left of the case - looks like you'd use it seat a bullet. Do you know it's purpose? (It's brass and has handles at each end, with one being on a screw.)
Posted By: old colonel Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 04/04/20 12:31 AM
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but interesting sites to look at

http://www.antiquereloadingtools.com/

https://paulcollis.dphoto.com/
Posted By: Rick W Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 04/04/20 10:09 PM
You might enjoy Tom Rowe’s 2 volume set of ‘Reloading Tools of the Black Powder Era.’
Posted By: CJF Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 04/05/20 04:50 PM
I think I saw that on Track of the Wolf's site, or might have been Dixie's. Do you know if that includes English tools in addition to American?
Posted By: CJF Re: Pictures of vintage reloading tools? - 04/05/20 05:05 PM
Old Colonel - thank you for the links. The pictures on Paul's site are a great start. Of course I'm looking at these interesting contraptions and wondering how exactly they work. I've done only a tiny bit of reloading, and I've read some more, but I draw a blank on some. Lot's to learn. (I need to check Youtube to see if there are videos of vintage tools in action.)

Rick - I really appreciate the book link. Thank you.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com